Menu
AshC
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Failed Credit Check Yet My Finances are Perfect!

I have had a Virgin mobile contract for the past 2 years and now I am currently in the last month of my contract, I decided to call the upgrade phone number. Initially the member of staff was very helpful and we agreed on a deal. 

We updated some details (my address and bank information) and then she asked me to hold for a moment. When she returned, she informed me that I had failed a credit check! I was appalled. I am currently in a well paying and stable job, my finances are extremely healthy and I have never paid a bill late in my life!

She then informed me that they would have to wait 90 days before they could perform another credit check - I am absolutely shocked! 

Why have I failed this credit check and how do I get it overturned?

I would also like assurances that this failed credit check has not left a black mark on my credit rating. I'm quite worried.
0 Kudos
AshC
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Failed Credit Check Yet My Finances are Perfect!

To add to this. I just signed up to Experion and my credit score is 999 out of 999!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

AshC wrote:

I would also like assurances that this failed credit check has not left a black mark on my credit rating. I'm quite worried.

You can check - look on your Experian score page and recent credit checks against your name are listed.

You'll probably find that Virgin haven't even done an external check. Virgin are having plenty of issues with so-called credit check failures. You need not be worried. Let us know how you get on.

(Incidentally, do you live in a fairly new build?)

0 Kudos
cjh-75
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Its luck of the draw with credit ratings, my report isn't exactly great and I passed it last month for a new contract when I thought I wouldn't! There's other factors and criteria involved they dont tell you about but wouldn't be worried about your file, a search just leaves a 'footprint' regardless of pass or fail.

0 Kudos
alpha123
Up to speed
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

some people are being told they failed simply because the phone is out of stock

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

...another possibility is that Virgin are using an outdated postcode database which is why some new build houses don't show up.

The so-called credit check isn't even getting beyond their own PCs, which is why people with good credit are failing the check.

0 Kudos