Menu
Missh1980
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

FRAUDRISK email

I have just ordered a phone as my old one with O2 has just died.   I went through the ordering system and it sent an email saying their was a technical glitch at your end.  A few minutes later I have received an email from fraud risk from virginmedia who have told me to ring 0800 052 2206 as they cannot continue my order.   My phone does not work and my partner is out.   Is this a valid email as I have never had this issue before.  Please can you confirm.  I am happy to add in the order number.

Any one else had this problem?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: FRAUDRISK email

HI Missh1980

I am not sure of the validity of the email address ,HOWEVER, 

I can confirm that telephone number 0800 052 2206 is for our Fraud department

They are currently closed , they are open from 9am - 5pm tomorrow

Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

0 Kudos
Missh1980
Just joined
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply.  They set the email after 5pm though.   I am concerned at the word fraud as I HAVE NEVER had an issue purchasing online before.   Of course it could be my bank being strange.  I will try them tomorrow. 

Thanks again

0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Perfect, let us know how you get on with this

Don't be concerned about the term "fraud". They are their just to protect the business. There are many reasons why it could get flagged for fraud. It could be because of certain triggers that would forward this on.

A perfect example would be . If a customer has been with us for years, they move house, update the address with us and then do a high value upgrade then this could also be flagged just purely on the fact an address change was done recent. Not to say you have done anything wrong. Give them a ring and they would have a chat with you

Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

0 Kudos