Menu
Kev_Maverick
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Extremely Poor Customer Service!

Hi guys, 

I'm posting here with a hope of getting some answers, all else has failed!  I've had an awful time with my phone and I'm getting fed up trying to resolve the situation.  Here's a run through of the problems:

1. My cameras, both front and back stopped working, along with the notification led and flash.  This was logged as a fault on the Phone Fix section of the site, and I was informed that a repair was needed.  This was on 15th July - still no return pack!  I've tried many times to track the repair, but keep getting 'oops, something has gone wrong'.

2.  Spoke to a representative 2 days ago who told me he would return my call in 20 minutes to solve the issue - no call received  Therefore I left the most negative feedback possible - no response.

3.  Left feedback comments on the site - still no response.

4.  In the meantime, I charged my phone on Tuesday and when I checked it, it was too hot to pick up!  When it had cooled down I tried to power it up, but nothing, and the heat had actually distorted the shape of the phone.  I now have an expensive phone that is completely unusable.

So, I'm left with yet another serious issue, and as the site still thinks my phone is booked in for the original repair, I cannot report this latest fault.

I've been a customer for years and I must say that this has been a real let down.  I just hope that a representative of the company sees this and is able to help.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Extremely Poor Customer Service!

Hi Kev_Maverick,

Welcome to the Community Forum. I'm sorry to hear that you're mobile phone is faulty and that you've experienced such difficulties trying to get this sorted out. 

I'll need to take more information from you in order to look into this for you, so I'll pop a private message over to you. Just click on the purple envelope at the top of the screen.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

All Replies
RobinDarby
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I too am having problems with their customer service and want to vent my anger but cannot e mail them as there is service work going on at present

The TV , Broadband , Landline and Mobile package was taken out by  late wife who died three years ago . At the time I contacted Virgin to remove the sports package as I did not use this and at the time changed the whole package into my name .I also sent a copy of the grant of probate . The direct debits continued from the same bank account which was now in my sole name and all was well .

This year I was reviewing the package to see if I could get a better deal and they offered a good package at reduced rate . However , they insisted I change the TV box although I didn't use 90% of the functions on it. I installed the new box but couldn't send the old one back as they had forgot to include a returns label . Despite further calls they haven't sent this so the old box is in the packaging still in the back of my car. It also transpired that despite the change of account which is evidenced by the statements I receive and direct debits I make the changes I made three years ago had not gone through and I had to give the details all over again

On Tuesday this week I could not make calls or send texts on the mobile . I spoke with the help line who fixed this but again the details as to the changes I made three years ago and earlier this year had not been registered , so I had to go through the process again .

This morning I received a text from Virgin to say my monthly account terminates today and I go back to pay as you go (although my wife and I were never on it in the first place) I spoke with Virgin to be told because the mobile number was now in my name I had to apply to go on a monthly payment. I asked why I had not been told this the day before , but answer there came none. Anyway I was assured this would now be done but I had to give my bank details , despite the fee already being paid from this account , because the Data Protection Act required this and James in Sales would be disciplined if he did not take the details . I was also assured by him that the direct debit I currently pay will be cancelled . I warned him if two direct debits went through next month I would not be pleased .

Hopefully all is now sorted but in view of the circumstance of the changes three years ago that were not carried out the level of service is extremely poor.

Robin Darby

28 July 2016.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Kev_Maverick,

Welcome to the Community Forum. I'm sorry to hear that you're mobile phone is faulty and that you've experienced such difficulties trying to get this sorted out. 

I'll need to take more information from you in order to look into this for you, so I'll pop a private message over to you. Just click on the purple envelope at the top of the screen.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kev_Maverick,

I've had an update on this for you. I'll pop a pm over to you with the details.

Thanks,

Kev_Maverick
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank You.
0 Kudos
Kev_Maverick
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Problem now resolved.  Many thanks to the team for their efforts in this matter.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kev_Maverick,

Thanks for getting back in touch--I'm glad to hear that this issue has now been resolved for you.

Please get back in touch if we can help with anything else.

All the best,