Menu
Scorergoal
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Extortionate charges - I'm out of here

Just to advise I'm out of here. I cannot believe the charges for going over your agreed limit. 

Well you've had my custom for nigh on 18 months, maybe more who cares. The first time I went over the limit on the last two days the call charges were unbelievable. 

Im not saying they weren't notified I'm not saying I shouldn't have to pay, but these rates...? Forget it I'd rather do without a mobile (though in case of doubt I will be switching to elsewhere). 

About half an hours worth of calls comes to about £22.00.

Well virgin, you've had my custom, you've had my money, now you've lost me. 

Bye!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Extortionate charges - I'm out of here

Yep. Used to be 40p per minute now 45p as from 1st July.

HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

My son has just moved from VM PAYG to 3, their PAYG is 3p per minute phone, 2p per text, and 1p per meg data, (as he doesn't use the internet much, more texts and callsthis is great for him)

Compare VM's 45p per minute to '3''s 3 p per minute....15 minutes on '3' for 1 minute VM??? absolute no brainer...

Vote with your feet, get a better deal elsewhere.. VM certainly isn't interested in PAYG that's for sure!!

All Replies
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yep. Used to be 40p per minute now 45p as from 1st July.

HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

My son has just moved from VM PAYG to 3, their PAYG is 3p per minute phone, 2p per text, and 1p per meg data, (as he doesn't use the internet much, more texts and callsthis is great for him)

Compare VM's 45p per minute to '3''s 3 p per minute....15 minutes on '3' for 1 minute VM??? absolute no brainer...

Vote with your feet, get a better deal elsewhere.. VM certainly isn't interested in PAYG that's for sure!!

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Scorergoal

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear about the unexpected charges on your account and I really hope it doesn't come to that!

We clearly list all the out of bundle charges on our website here to help avoid any shocks when your bill is produced.

It is more expensive to use your phone if you exceed the allowances, so if you regularly go over, you could increase the package slightly to offer you more minutes which could save you in the long run.

One of the benefits we offer is the opportunity to make changes to your bundle at any time (taking affect from your next refresh date) - even if you're in contract with us. This flexibility means that even if your usage needs change during your minimum term, the package can be changed to meet those needs. You can therefore move the tariff down as well as up.

To check all the available bundle options, just head to your online account here and select 'Plan and device' and then 'Change tariff'. All the available tariffs will be listed on there for you to choose from.

Let us know how you get on.
Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Scorergoal
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Mark Y

Better still, why penalise regular and loyal customers so heavily? Why not have an over limit rate that will increase with use? For example, the first hour at one very reduced level, the second at an increased level, anything over that at the maximum? I'm sure it'd make your product much more attractive.

Go on then, I'll accept payment for such a fantastic marketing idea - maybe the amount should be equivalent to what me and my wife were heisted for, for 30 minutes excess?

Cheers

Tony

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Scorergoal

Thanks for your reply and for suggesting this change to our pricing structure.

It's not something we plan to implement at the moment though.

If there's any further assistance we can offer, please don't hesitate to get back in touch.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos