Menu
bdw
Up to speed
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Extend Ring Time

I have a Sony Xperia M4 Aqua. How do I extend the ring time before my phone goes to voicemail? Currently it only rings for a few seconds and if I don't have my phone handy it often goes to voicemail before I get to it.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
JakePasquill
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Extend Ring Time

Visit THIS PAGE on information how to do this.

---------

I'll always try my best to help, although my advice may not always lead to a solution. Take it as you wish, I just like to help Smiley Happy
bdw
Up to speed
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

But I would think that there are much more complex settings coded into the operating system Jake. Coding something like this should be a doddle.;o)
0 Kudos

All Replies
JakePasquill
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Visit THIS PAGE on information how to do this.

---------

I'll always try my best to help, although my advice may not always lead to a solution. Take it as you wish, I just like to help Smiley Happy
bdw
Up to speed
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Jake, that did it but I would have liked to have been able to extend this beyond 30 seconds as my mobile is often in another room. I realise that it can't be done but Virgin should look at allowing this. The process of changing the ring time is also unnecessarily complex. I wonder why they can't just make this one of the call setting options.

0 Kudos
JakePasquill
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Maybe in the future they'll create a better system for this, with the possibility of longer call times.

If you're happy with the way this worked, could you mark it as a helpful answer so anyone else who comes in can find it easy? Smiley Happy

---------

0 Kudos
BexTech
Superfast
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

bdw wrote:

Thanks Jake, that did it but I would have liked to have been able to extend this beyond 30 seconds as my mobile is often in another room. I realise that it can't be done but Virgin should look at allowing this. The process of changing the ring time is also unnecessarily complex. I wonder why they can't just make this one of the call setting options.

Could be an idea.

The above way however is standard (GSM) mobile codes.

0 Kudos
bdw
Up to speed
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It may be standard but it is hardly user friendly,

I would have thought that ring time should be a fairly basic option in settings given that there are quite a few other settings that few people use (or have even heard of). ;o)

0 Kudos
JakePasquill
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The only reason it's not in settings is it's a carrier setting, not a phone setting..

It would have to be pushed to the carrier (which would have to be specified) in order to complete, which in turn pretty much leaves you typing almost the entire thing out anyway.

It would also be too much hassle than it would be worth to hard code it into the phone OS', not enough people have asked to do this for it to be a concern.

---------

0 Kudos
bdw
Up to speed
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

But I would think that there are much more complex settings coded into the operating system Jake. Coding something like this should be a doddle.;o)
0 Kudos
JakePasquill
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

And it would be a doddle, I could do it myself! The hard part is actually getting the right departments who create these OS' to actually do it.

Like I said, it isn't something that people complain about enough, so there's no demand to get this done, therefore it isn't being done Smiley Wink

---------

0 Kudos
BexTech
Superfast
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

What are GSM Codes?

The GSM standard allows most of the functions to be controlled by entering codes into the keypad of a mobile phone: you can set diverts and the like, accept or reject calls, or even change your PIN code by typing at the keypad.

http://wiki.howardforums.com/index.php/GSM_Network_Codes

0 Kudos