Menu
rettopkram
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Expat, requires one Virgin Sim Card with 2 mobile numbers.

Hello,

I am trying to get a solution for joining my Virgin Mobile accounts onto one sim card for iphone.  I am an expat working overseas with a Virgin mobile account in both countries.  The issue is, iphone do not have a dual sim capability and I therefore have to swap sim cards on every visit. 

Is there a solution where I can join my Virgin Mobile accounts onto one sim card so when I turn my phone back on upon landing in that country, then my account will pick up the local service provider?

I could then manage both accounts online under one contract.

Any guidance would be of great help.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Expat, requires one Virgin Sim Card with 2 mobile numbers.

Hi rettopakram,

The Virgin brand is licenced in different countries so Virgin Mobile UK is a separate company.

And I'm afraid that it is not possible to have two numbers assigned to one SIM (although I think Orange used to offer a "line 2" option for business users).

Perhaps you could consider changing from iPhone to Android where there is a good choice of dual SIM phones.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

rettopkram
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Expat, requires one Virgin Sim Card with 2 mobile numbers.

Thanks Alex

I've tried the Android dual sim with the Samsung duo grand prime. Was a reasonable experience, however didn't give me the warm feeling of iphone. I'm aware there are a few world sim cards available but they are not virgin media. I'm sure when this meme gets to Richard, he will put his best people on it.

Thanks again for your advise.

Kindest Regards

William
0 Kudos