Menu
tombelluk
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Existing customer promised 4G - Another lie

I've been with VM for about 4 years now and at the end of last month (Oct 16) I changed my tariff to take advantage of the double data offer. As I knew 4G was imminent, I specifically checked if I would get 4G without having to change my plan (as that would mean losing my double data!). When 4G was official they sent me a new sim and assured me all ok and I'd be on a 4G connection from my refresh date...
The refresh date was yesterday and guess what - still on 3G.

I just wish there weren't so many lies in VM. I never know what's going on or what is real info or just another lie. Time to go to a proper network I think!!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Existing customer promised 4G - Another lie

Hi tombelluk,

I have had a quick look at your account, everything appears to be as it should. Please can you confirm if this has actually been resolved for you, if not please come back to us and we will get this resolved for you.

Take care,

Kelly

0 Kudos
tombelluk
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for your reply.

I have been in touch with cs again and had to really stamp my feet, but they have now said that I'll be getting a 4g tariff (2gb + 2gb double data for £10 etc as per what I was told) from my refresh date. Whether I get it or not remains to be seen as my refresh date is tomorrow 6th Dec.

I have very little confidence in what Im told from VM now as the majority of cs people I speak to seem to just tell me anything to get me to shut up and go away. To be honest I don't even care about the £2 difference - It's the principal of the matter. You can't sell stuff based on lies. It seems that this problem is quite widespread and really should be reported to trading standards.

I'll see what happens tomorrow. If not I really have no more energy left to give to this fight. Ill just move my 2 mobiles, home phone, bb and tv to BT I expect.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi tombelluk

Just checking in regarding the tariff concerns.

Having had a look I can see you are indeed as of today on a 4G plan with the double data and data rollover add-ons active. Apologies for the confusion in getting to this point.

Can you confirm that you are seeing 4G connections from your device now?

Thanks

Liam_T
Forum Team

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
tombelluk
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Liam,

Thanks for checking in. I do seem to have a 4G connection as of today!!

So all sorted. Cheers.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi tombelluk

That is great news!

Glad to hear it is all up and running.

Should you need anything else please do not hesitate to let me know. Enjoy!

Regards

Liam_T
Forum Team

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos