Menu
BrashJerk
Dialled in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Error 38 Text Messages

I'm having trouble sending a text message to a certain number that I know is working. It can receive text messages from that phone but on reply it says it can't send and gives "Error 38" as the reason. The number with this issue is a TalkTalk Mobile number. Sending to numbers on any other network works fine. 

I rang customer services earlier and was told to try it with other numbers with people on that same network. The problem is I don't know anyone else who has uses that network. Anyway it shouldn't be rejecting messages to any number in the first place. It's a standard mobile number and should be free as part of my plan (unlimited texts). Even if it wasn't free it should just charge a standard text message rate. 

I'm quite new to Virgin and this has happened since getting the sim card a few weeks ago. There is no issues sending to o2, giffgaff or EE numbers. TalkTalk Mobile run on Vodafone but I don't know anyone else who uses either of those so can't test.

Any tips would be appreciated or better still someone from staff take details of the number in question and find out what is going wrong. 

Thanks

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
BrashJerk
Dialled in
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Error 38 Text Messages

Resolved. Please close or delete.

0 Kudos

All Replies