Menu
bradleyforde0
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

End of Contract

My contract with Virgin Mobile is due to expire on the 18/01/2015 which I am VERY happy about. I understand that I probably have one more payment to make before I leave this horrid network. Are there any additional payments I have to make? What is the process?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: End of Contract

Hi

3.4 At the end of the Minimum Term - "You will need to contact the Team at least one month before the expiry of your Minimum Term or any subsequent monthly renewal date for your Contract Allowance if you do not want us to continue provisioning you with your Contract Allowance each month. If you do contact us we will not provision you with your Contract Allowance but will continue to provide you with the Services at the rates set out for Pay Monthly customers in our Tariff Table until this Agreement is cancelled by either you or us in accordance with Clause 10."

You need to call the Virgin mobile customer services on 789 or 0345 6000 789

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
If this has helped answer your question > click 'Helpful Answer' also.

bradleyforde0
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

So to be clear, even though I signed up for a 24 month contract, you are saying that I will continue to get the allowance and have to pay the fee unless I call up? Why did I not receive an email a month ago telling me my contract was coming to an end and also that I had to take time out of my day to make the strained call to Virgin for my contract to cancelled?? Especially when I am not cancelling the contract it has expired!!!

0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

bradleyforde0

your 24 months is the minimum term that you agree to . Any time after this point you would have to call Virgin to either change the agreement for a new handset to which you would enter in to a new 24 month agreement

change to a lower "sim only " rate whereby you keep the current handset and just pay for the sim

or cancel and set 30 days notice. It doesn't matter if you was 2, 3 or 4 months over the 24 month agreement Virgin would always require the 30d days notice

Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

0 Kudos
bradleyforde0
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

okay will sort that out now. such a poor network

0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi bradleyforde0

in what way is Virgin a poor network?

Is there anything that's gone wrong or you wish to resolve?

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I agree, it seems unfair but it's there in their terms & conditions.

The responsibility is on you.

Give the Virgin team a call.

AlexKid :-)

0 Kudos
bradleyforde0
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

1. I have had a number of times when my phone has been cut off after I have paid my bill on time

2. Your Customer Service Agents are among the rudest I have encountered, I was actually told by an agent last year that she was not in the mood to get into a debate, when I was only trying to explain an issue with my handset I believe she had trouble understanding my English accent.

3. The internet coverage is poor, quite used to my internet now allowing me to stream normal videos from you tube and I have tried different handsets.

However it is the customer service that I find to be terrible, I also do not appreciate the ethos of virgin whereby you try to sell sell sell rather than actually listen to customer feedback.

Richard Branson may be Philanthropist...I guess he has to in order to sleep at night knowing that his Brand are so unprofessional! 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

AlexKid wrote:

3.4 At the end of the Minimum Term - "You will need to contact the Team at least one month before the expiry of your Minimum Term..."

That's interesting because it's exactly the opposite of what Mark_Y says in this post from 18 months ago. The whole thread is a confused and convoluted attempt to find out when notice to quit must be given. Mark essentially says that once you've had your 23rd refresh date (for a two-year minimum term) you can call in and cancel and the service will end on your next refresh date.

The linked thread was prompted by a user who wanted to give more than a month's notice as he would be on holiday when the 23rd refresh happened. The call centre operative told him that he couldn't give notice "at least one month before" etc. It had to be on the actual last day!

0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The thread is exactly as you said " 18 months ago"

The old policy prior to April 2015 was notice give up to the refresh date. Post April 2015 the policy is 30 days notice .

The terms and conditions are also updated as alexkid pointed out.

I also can second the 30 days notice is correct as an employee

0 Kudos