Menu
flying1
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

End of Contract

Hi

i took out a 24 month contract in April 2013 on a Starter package (approx £20/month) including a phone. I have had no communication to say the contract is up, and nowhere on my account/overview does it say when either.

I can go to sim only with same package for only £5/month from Virgin, unless I want to upgrade (I guess). So I want to know: When does my contract end? Can I switch to Sim only as my current phone is OK and  like it.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: End of Contract

You can switch to SIM only right now. You keep the handset and the existing SIM.

The sales team will try and get you to upgrade.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You can switch to SIM only right now. You keep the handset and the existing SIM.

The sales team will try and get you to upgrade.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi flying1,

Welcome to the communitySmiley Happy

Thanks for posting your query with us.

As Gorf mentioned you could switch to one of our SIM only deals.

To see when your contract expires you can login to your account. Under your overview of your account you should see a picture of your phone and next to it will be the contract expiry date. 

You can also click onto the extras tab and you'll see an option to upgrade if you wish to do this.

I've included a link here to our Virgin Mobile site. Once your happy with what you want give our mobile team a call on 789 or 0345 6000 789.

Hope this helps.

Let us know how it goes

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
flying1
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Under Overview, next to picture of my phone, it just says "Starter  About my plan" - no contract end date....

Your total monthly cost:

£20.03

Under Extras it says Check Deals for Upgrades but when I click on it it goes back to my Overview page which it was I said in my original post. That's why I was querying it. My contract should have ended but it has no date. Has my contract ended or not? Refresh date is 21st July 2015 when I get next bundle uploaded.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ring 789 and select the option for "I'm thinking of leaving"

You'll be told your contract end date or (I think) a message which says you're eligible for an upgrade. When someone comes on the line, choose whether to upgrade or go to SIM-only depending on whether you like what they say.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi flying1,

Thanks for the reply.

It sounds as though your contract may have expired if there is no end date as you have shown.

To be sure though I would follow Gorf's advice and give the Mobile team a call on 789 or 0345 6000 789.

Let us know how you get on.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
flying1
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

All sorted. My contract had ended so switched to SIM only. Just surprised that no one at Virgin Mobile had contacted me to say the contract had ended. All other mobile operators seem to contact you before contract ends to try and get you to upgrade to new phone/package, whereas VM happy to keep taking more money that I needed to pay, i.e £20 instead of £8 per month.

0 Kudos
alpha123
Up to speed
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

your suprised that a company will happily take more money off you?

0 Kudos