Menu
Mole007
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Emergency calls only message?

Any idea why my phone has suddenly started saying 'emergency calls only' and when I try calling my landline as a test, I get an on-screen error message saying 'not registered on network'?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Emergency calls only message?

Hi Mole007,

try turning your phone off then on again.

If your device has a removable battery try removing the battery as the phone is turned on, replace the battery then turn it back on.

Try removing your SIM (you could gently clean the gold bit with something like a pencil eraser) then reinsert it and turn your phone back on.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
Mole007
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for speedy response. I'd triednthe on/off/on route and removing the battery, but not the SIM card trick - so tried that. Sadly, no joy! Any other ideas?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

What happens when you put your postcode on here:

http://ee.co.uk/ee-and-me/network/4gee/network-status-checker

0 Kudos
Mole007
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It is all a bit weird. When I tried the postcode checker earlier, when trying to fix the problem, it told me there were no issues with signal coverage in my area. I called Virgin support and we tried a few fixes, but the whole Virgin network seemed to have vanished from the mobile.

The adviser said that the SIM card was faulty and that they'd send a new one. That, I thought, was that.

However, when I looked on the local Facebook page for our area, I saw that a number of other people on the same network had been having connection issues all day - yet the Virgin adviser made no mention?

And this morning, th phone is working perfectly!

Bizarre .... i suppose it won't hurt to install the new SIM card when it arrives on Saturday ......

Thanks, both, for your help!

0 Kudos