Menu
Inchworm
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Emergency calls only - 3rd day.

To say I am cross is an understatement!

The mobile signal vanished completely and without warning on Wednesday morning and we are still unable to get a signal at home. Walk round the block and it will pick up all the messages etc but it was working perfectly well at home on Tuesday.

I have checked the availability and according to that, my signal is excellent and there are no problems.

What on earth can I do please?!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Emergency calls only - 3rd day.

Hi Inchworm,

when you say that you have checked, was that using the EE service checker (Virgin Mobile works on their network).

The other thing that I would advise if that shows as OK would be to give Virgin Mobile customer services a call (free) on 789 from your mobile if you have signal.

0345 6000 789 from any other phone (standard rate call or included in any minutes) so that they can look into this further for you.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Inchworm,

when you say that you have checked, was that using the EE service checker (Virgin Mobile works on their network).

The other thing that I would advise if that shows as OK would be to give Virgin Mobile customer services a call (free) on 789 from your mobile if you have signal.

0345 6000 789 from any other phone (standard rate call or included in any minutes) so that they can look into this further for you.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Inchworm
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, yes that is what I used.

I'll have to ring on the landline (I'm not standing in the next street on my mobile as it is now raining!) I am always reluctant to ring in case it isn't a UK based operator but looks like I'll have to.

Thank you again.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Inchworm

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry to hear about the signal issues you've experienced recently.

I just wanted to check if you're still experiencing issues with your signal at the moment?

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Inchworm
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Sorry kept meaning to come back and update.

I rang the number given and was told that the mast was being upgraded and the signal should be back tomorrow (which was Saturday). The signal eventually came back on Sunday night.

I was told that I will be given a discount off my bill for loss of signal but I didn't report it being a day later than they said it would be.

0 Kudos
Inchworm
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry I should have said thank you for the warm welcome! Am about to burn dinner...!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Inchworm

Thanks for getting back in touch.

It's great to hear that this has now been resolved for you.

Don't burn dinner though! 

Have you managed to sort out the credit then, or do we need to take a look into this for you?

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Inchworm
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mark,

I wasn't credited at all despite being without a signal for 5 days and I was told I would be. Not sure what to do now so if you are able to look into it for me then that would be great, thank you :-)

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Inchworm,

Thank you for coming back and popping a message to us Smiley Happy

I would love to help but would need some additional information and also some security questions due it being a billing issue now.

If you can have a little look inside your 'Inbox', you'll see I've sent you a 'Private Message'. You can find this at the top right of the page, purple envelope Smiley Happy

Speak to you soon.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos