Menu
D44rkn4b4
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Emergency Service

Having problems getting a signal on my phone. It used to be ok when first bought 5 months ago but the last 2 months it often shows Emergency Service only with a lot of coverage but presumably not with my carrier! In certain parts of the house I can get a very weak Virgin signal, but usually just a very strong 'Emergency Service Only' signal. Out and about the same. Husband has same carrier but different phone. No problem getting a signal in most parts of the house and out and about. I'm being driven mad!! Ive tried soft reboot (removing the battery when switched on), will resort to a factory setting reboot if necessary. Keep wondering why my phone can pick up sich a strong signal from another provider but can't capture Virgin. Do I need to update the software? Help!!

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Emergency Service

Try going into setting and selecting a manual search, if it show virgin with a lower case v and a Virgin with an upper case V select the lover case v and check it out, if no change try the upper case option, it no improvement call789 

how old is the sim, if over 5 years ask for a replacement, same number foc.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Emergency Service

Hey D44rkn4b4,

Welcome into the Community and thank you for you post.

I'm so sorry to read about the speed on the phone, it's enough to drive anyone mad! I would like to help and I can see that you have very recently been in touch with us, were we able to help resolve the issue at hand?

Take care and thank you for dropping by Smiley Happy

Ben and Team

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos