Menu
jy2602
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Emergency Calls Only

Just received new SIM today but phone keeps switching back to emergency calls only.  Is this normal on the Virgin network?  First time I have been on Virgin network.

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Emergency Calls Only

Sounds like you are going out of signal. 

Have you tried it in another location?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi jy2602,

as it's a new SIM is it activated? Have you been able to use it to make calls or text?

As you say "keeps switching back to emergency calls" would suggest so but best to check before we proceed Smiley Happy

AlexKid :-)

0 Kudos
jy2602
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi.  Yes it has been activated.  I have to go outside to get a signal.  The real problem is if anyone rings me they are not getting through.  Was with O2 and did not have a problem but quite worried now I have made a mistake going with the Virgin network.  Not  much good to me  if I can't use phone.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi jy2602,

you can check to see what the signal strength should be like in your area here : Mobile Coverage Checker

If the signal strength according to that is OK and your's clearly isn't. Your best course of action would be to give Virgin mobile customer services a call on 789 from your Virgin mobile or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone.
They would be able to advise if there are any known faults or maintenance being carried out in your area which could be affecting you.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos