Menu
angry-midlander
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Emergency Calls Only following voicemail activation

I have 2 virgin mobile sims and one account.  3 weeks ago I had 2 new Moto E3 phones and needed new sims - all worked well until a week ago when I realised the voicemail was not active on either phone.

Last week I phoned virgin to get voicemail on both numbers activated again, then the problems started...

I noticed in the evening of getting voicemail activated that both phones went to emergency calls only, so no calls, texts etc, if someone rang either phone, they got a disconnected tone not voicemail.

I rang virgin from my landline and was told they were still "working on my numbers" as part of getting voicemail set up, normal service would resume!

I've now had a week of this happening randomly on both phone numbers at exactly the same time.  Sometimes the service is fine, then back to emergency calls only and no voicemail, usually afternoon or evening it happens.

Each time I call I have to go through the misery of virgin checking outage for my area and basically getting me to search network providers - I tell them this won't work, but on we go with the farce.

Yesterday morning  I spoke to a helpful guy at a UK based call centre who told me my EE profile keeps "dropping off", there was a problem with the SPW??  He thought he had fixed it, he then restored the voicemail as that had gone again on both phones - 7pm last night I went to make a call - no service, no voicemail for those trying to ring me.  It's as if the phone is cut off or number out of use.

So back to virgin at 8pm last night, usual checks for outage etc.  The non UK based call centres get very concerned when I tell them that when my phone is in service, the network provider shown as T Mobile, not virgin.  The UK call centres says the fact it shows as T Mobile is absolutely fine, virgin use EE and T Mobile are part of EE!

The call centre are adamant I should have a network provider as virgin and I need new sims, which are being sent within 24 hours and out of courtesy I'm not being charged!!  But I am paying for a service that I can't use and I have to make calls on my landline, which I am charged for when I have no service. 

No one accepts that both phones lose service at exactly the same time, no matter if they are 50 miles apart, no one accepts that getting the voicemail activated caused the problem, but it was fine until that point.

I have no service again this morning, so that's another 12 hours of no phone.  Sims won't arrive until tomorrow and I have no faith that will fix the issue.

The only good thing is I appear to be on a MRC contract, which I assume is monthly rolling, so I'll be able to leave the virgin mobile if this fails.

I spend more time speaking to virgin technical team than anyone else - not a great mobile provider, but the call centre people, wherever they are based are always extremely polite and do try to help.

Very frustrated........

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Emergency Calls Only following voicemail activation

Hi angry-midlander, 

I am so sorry to hear about the issues you have had with the voicemail and the service. I would like to have a look into this for you. 

Shortly I will send you a private message so that I can get some more information, to pick this message up please click on the envelope on the top right hand corner.

Chat to you soon, 

Kelly

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Emergency Calls Only following voicemail activation

Hi angry-midlander, 

I am so sorry to hear about the issues you have had with the voicemail and the service. I would like to have a look into this for you. 

Shortly I will send you a private message so that I can get some more information, to pick this message up please click on the envelope on the top right hand corner.

Chat to you soon, 

Kelly

0 Kudos