Menu
chrisstoneham
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Email settings for a Huwei Honor6+ smartphone

Does anyone know whether my ...@ntlworld.com is able to be set up with the email app on this phone? Wh

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email settings for a Huwei Honor6+ smartphone

Hi chrisstoneham,

Thanks for postingSmiley Happy

I've had a check online and your phone is using the android OS so there's no reason to think it wouldn't work.

I've included a link here to a previous thread that many find helpful when setting up email on android.

Hope this helps.

Let me know how it goes.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
chrisstoneham
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. However these settings do not work on the Huwei Honor 6.  This has, I think, Kit Kat . It keeps changing the incoming port number to 995, and then says it cannot make contact with the server.  I have looked at all of the accompanying posts from other people, but none of their settings work, including the substituting "@virginmedia.com" ending for my email @ntlworld.com.

I am on Network 3; but it also does not work hen on wi-fi.

Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi christoneham,

Thanks for your replySmiley Happy

If the phone is changing the port numbers from what is required then this is will cause the issues you've experienced with your device not connecting to the mail server.

All I could suggest at this point would be entering them manually if you get this option.

Speak soon

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos