Menu
Travelprincess1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Email on IPhone Suddenly Stopped Sending SMTP Error

Hi,
I am trying to send emails from my Iphone - (which used to work fine) - but all of a sudden now I'm getting a message saying cannot send mail -the username or password for SMTP.......@virginmedia.com is incorrect.
It works fine on my laptop, just my iphone, please help - I have deleted the account from my iphone and re added - but this still wont let me send emails. I have been receiving emails fine by the way, just unable to send any.
I have read other posts and checked the settings and they are correct (SSL on, correct port etc.)
Please help!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email on IPhone Suddenly Stopped Sending SMTP Error

Hey Travelprincess1

Welcome to the community, I'm sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your emails on your phone at the moment. 

When you're accessing your mail from your laptop, are you using a client or accessing your inbox from the Virgin Media website? There are some great tips [here] for apple devices if you've not seen it already Man Happy

I'd love to hear how you get on.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
sauling
Just joined
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello, am also getting same problem. Suddenly not able to Send emails. My last email was sent on 29 July while on holiday in Portugal using wifi. I get error user password not recognised on smtp.virgin.net. I've also tried re typing my password which is the same as incoming pwd. I've tried changing to Port 465 and back to original Port 25. Both time out immediately. I am able to receive emails. Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Sauling
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi sauling,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear your email has also stopped working on the iPhone, that sounds frustrating!  

I would recommend deleting and re-adding the email address on the iPhone.  Craig posted a useful guide on how to do that above, alternatively you could take a look at the manual settings to check you've got the right details when setting back up.

Let me know how you get on.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos