Menu
DukeWeston
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Email notifications for voicemail or missed call?

I am considering switching to Virgin Mobile but I'm looking for some specific features, and it's not clear to me from the site if Virgin (or indeed any other UK provider) offers them. 

I want email notifications for missed calls or new voicemails  Ideally I would also like email transcriptions of voicemails, like Google Voice has.

SMS notifications are not much use if ..

a) the phone is off or out of battery

b) the phone is elsewhere and muted. I'm often using a tablet in one room or a PC in another room where I can see emails but I don't want to carry my phone around the house with me.

c) a different SIM is in the phone, when travelling abroad. When I arrive home and reinsert my UK SIM card I often find missed calls and voicemails. Why couldn't I be notified of these events by email? Google Voice has this feature but sadly has not been rolled out in the UK.

For case of travelling overseas I would even put up with logging into Virgin's website once a day to listen to my voicemails. Does Virgin Mobile offer this or have any plans to do so?

0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email notifications for voicemail or missed call?

Hi DukeWeston

I am not aware of Virgin or any other networks that provide an email transcript of the voicemail message as this would need direct access to your voicemail which it wouldn't have.

Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

0 Kudos
DukeWeston
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email notifications for voicemail or missed call?

There are third-party services that offer these features (Hullomail, VoxSci, Voicefeed) but frustratingly Virgin Mobile doesn't allow Conditional Call Forwarding which makes it rather hard for me to justify spending my money with Virgin. 

0 Kudos