Menu
DGD1230
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Email-SMS gateway

How do I activate the email-SMS gateway so my employer can send me text notifications? Their tech support claim it is set up for Virgin Mobile from their end but not on this end. When I request the confirmation code online from my employer a pop-up notifies me that the text has been successfully sent but I never receive it. I have a Samsung Galaxy (GT-S7500). Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email-SMS gateway

Hi DGD1230,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you're having issues setting this gateway up. I'll be completely honest and say this is something I've never seen on our side.

I'll open this up to our community to see if they've had this issue Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
davegthomas
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Mat_H or sub

I am told that only Technical support would have the answer we are asking for and as a contact point cannot be found on the web site could you please forward it to the correct people, in Virgin, so that we get an answer.

Thank you so much in advance for your time and trouble

Dave T

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgins Mobile (UK)'s email to SMS gateway has been listed as non functioning for years. Yet another reason not to use them.

Your employer will likely have to use a 3rd party gateway

Best resource I know of for info is at

http://martinfitzpatrick.name/article/using-email-to-sms-gateways-to-send-free-sms/

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave,

perhaps you would be best to call Virgin mobile customer services on 789 from a Virgin mobile or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone and see if they can pass you on to technical support if this is the case & I would suggest that you call during normal working hours.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
davegthomas
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Having corrected my email address I am still hoping that a mod will forward this enquiry to technical support for a definitive reply.

I am fully aware of the implications involved and the reluctance of the company.

0 Kudos