Menu
paperclip
Rising star
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Email Received From o2 regarding my Virgin Mobile Number!

Why would o2 send me an email about my Virgin Mobile number informing me that they had noticed I had been using o2 WiFi?

I have been occasionally using my previous old phone for WiFi with a pay as you go sim which I don't actually use for calls being that I have a virgin Mobile, and I think this is were o2 have got their wires crossed being that they quoted my virgin mobile number instead of there own number.

Yes I know I should be asking o2 this question but I am certainly not calling them to waste money.

I have since removed the o2 sim from my old phone so that should hopefully put an end to correspondence from o2, but I still think it strange that they were referring to my current Virgin mobile number which has absolutely nothing to do with o2.

I have since deleted the email, goodness knows how they know my current Virgin Mobile number anyway.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email Received From o2 regarding my Virgin Mobile Number!

Only one reason I can think why

Do you have WiFi Buddy installed ?, o2 are part of "the cloud" free WiFi hotspots used by the app.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email Received From o2 regarding my Virgin Mobile Number!

Nope, I don't have WiFi buddy installed.
0 Kudos