Menu
imaneee
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Email Complaint

Hi 

i made a telephone complaint i was told by the supervisor to email a copy of my complaint to, [removed]@virginmedia.co.uk.

However i recieved an automatic response saying the following - Unfortunately we're unable to deal with your request via this email address.

I am not sure what i should do he requested my complaint via email to that address?

MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove personal and private information. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts on the forum. To send a Private Message (PM) please click the letter icon to the top right of your screen. Please review the Forum Guidelines. Thanks]

0 Kudos
Sololobo
Wise owl
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email Complaint

imaneee wrote:

Hi 

i made a telephone complaint i was told by the supervisor to email a copy of my complaint to, [removed]@virginmedia.co.uk.

However i recieved an automatic response saying the following - Unfortunately we're unable to deal with your request via this email address.

I am not sure what i should do he requested my complaint via email to that address?

I find it difficult to believe that any VM staffer would suggest the use of email as a suitable communications method.

Using such a method would result in a verifiable communications audit trail, something VM are patently adverse to.

Recorded/Registered postal services are another possibility, but sadly that only provides proof of delivery and not proof that VM have actually read and intend to respond to issues raised.

For a "Communications Company" VM are particularly bad at providing verifiable communications.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

imaneee wrote:

Hi 

the bit after the @ sign should be virginmobile.com

0 Kudos
imaneee
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sorry but that made no sense to me whatsoever
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Your post has been edited by a mod, but I was referring to your original post.

imaneee wrote:
Sorry but that made no sense to me whatsoever

Maybe I dumbed it down too much. The domain you are using in the email address is wrong. It needs to be virginmobile.com

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi imaneee,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear about the confusion with the complaints email address.

We currently don't have a direct email address for our mobile complaints team. Most complaints can be logged and dealt with over the phone. If they're not resolved then the next step would be to write in to:

Complaints

Virgin Media

PO Box 333

Matrix Court

Swansea

SA7 9ZJ

Would you mind giving a brief explanation of your problem? The community may be able to help.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
imaneee
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Dear whom this may concern,

RE: Complaint and Compensation Request

Name - Eman Hamid

On 28.05.2015, I activated my sim card which I was told by a member of staff would take a maximum of 24 hours to complete.

On 29.05.2015, my new sim card had still not be activated, in a panic I bought a new sim card (purchased for £10) with an additional £50 (I need this amount of credit to cover my mobile activity as on my current contract I have both unlimited texts and minutes)

On 30.05.2015, my new sim card was still not activated by 8:30pm I called, Virgin Media, on 0345 6000 789. I spoke to 2 previous members of staff, who for some reason had the phone cut off during our conversations. I was not called back by these members of staff instead I had to call back and go through the process of waiting to be put through to another member of staff. One staff member had insisted there was nothing wrong and my phone was showing active even after I had given the sim serial number. Which is pure negligence as you would later see that my sim serial number is inconsistent with the serial on the system.

Once finally being put through to the 3rd member of staff, at approximately 9pm, whose name I do not have a record of unfortunately. I was treated in such a manner which was aggressive and rude and I would like to put a complaint through about his attitude within the work force.

At the time on the call I went through security questions although I had already mentioned to him that I wanted to speak to manager, he insisted on asking me questions about if I have turned my phone off and on along with other solutions. I re-informed him that I did not call for a solution but in fact I called to be passed on to a manager or a supervisor. He made a sarcastic remark before hanging up the phone.

At 9:15pm, I was disgusted by the way I had been treated by staff at virgin and decided to make one more serious call to both resolve my matter as well as complain. I spoke to Jenny.

In regards to making a complaint about the previous staff member she informed me I would need to speak to a manager, as no noted have been made on my account for that day.

In relation to my phone she helped me identify that the sim card I was sent was not in accordance with the sim serial that was activated on your records. As a result of someone’s negligent mistake I am not currently out of pocket £60 (£10 for the sim card £50 for the top)

I would not be currently out of pocket had your staff been doing their job correctly. She agreed that this was the case and spoke to her supervisor to compensate me.

Dexter, the supervisor, who I had spoken to in regards to both matters of the complaint and about the ill-mannered staff member. He informed me that he would take the matter further as I would like to take this matter extremely serious and lodge a complaint.

He also informed me that he would be able to track all the calls as although it was not lodged on my account, you would have a recording of all incoming calls. He informed that he would track all the calls made from the number I used to make the calls.

In relation to my compensation for your staff’s negligence I have already current spent £60 which I am not out of pocket. I will not receive the sim card until Tuesday which means I still have to undergo; Sunday, Monday and Tuesday on the alternative sim card which I have purchased. Since Thursday I have used another £50 credit I can only assume I would use another £50 in addition which I would like to seek full compensation for. For had your staffs negligence not taken place I would not be out of pocket.

As the organisation I feel that Virgin should be held vicariously liable for the actions and neglect of your staff members, Dexter too agreed. Although he only had the power to give me £30 credit on my account. He advised that I should re-contact him about compensation in relation to the additional £70 which I was out of pocket for due to staff error.

I further asked Dexter due to previous experience of Virgin having no record of conversations on my account in addition to freedom of information policy. I would it be forwarded a copy of my notes which are on my account for my perusal and ease of reference within this email. However he established that this is not a policy in which Virgin has in place.

As a customer with such bad experience I feel that it would be only suitable that you allow some form of system where customers are allowed to see the notes that was on their account. Whether this be by request or as an option from their online account. When suggested this to Dexter he felt this would be a good idea and something I mention within my email to yourselves. It took me 1 hour 45 minutes to come to a solution for this situation.

Although I am a big fan of creating awareness and fuss when something goes wrong, I also like to equally give positive feedback.

My feedback would be for Jenny first for such amazing service for the following reasons:

1. Listened to the situation

2. Assessed the best solution

3. Explained the procedure allowing me to understand everything step by step

4. Took an alternative number to contact me on as my phone is not currently working

5. Did not keep me on hold for too long

6. Dealt with the matter efficiently and in a timely manner

7. Listened to my needs and addressed each one

In addition to her amazing service, it was topped off with the supervisor/manger Dexter who was equally amazing. It is people like these to who really go out their way to make Virgin an amazing company and I feel that not only I should thank them over the phone but they should achieve some recognition for their behaviour.

Again I would like to personally thank both Jenny and Dexter for their support and help.

He advised me to write this email informing of the situation and identity what I seek to occur as the outcome. I now write this email in relation to several matters:

1. To complain about the staff’s rudeness especially the man I spoke to on the phone at approximately 9pm on 30.05.2015
2. To be reimbursed me through compensation for the amount of £70 due to staff’s negligence which has now resulted to me being out of pocket.

I hope to be compensated accordingly and in a timely manner.

I look forward to hearing from you within 2 weeks, being the average time it takes to seek out an investigation of this kind according to your website, by no later than 13.06.2015.

NB: Should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me on the following email address, namely [removed]@hotmail.co.uk, as I would be hard to contact on my mobile as I would not be within the country.

Your sincerely,

Miss E Hamid

Berkshire Law Chambers

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove personal and private information. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts on the forum. To send a Private Message (PM) please click the letter icon to the top right of your screen. Please review the Forum Guidelines. Thanks]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi imaneee,

Many thanks for keeping me updated.

I've read all of the post and I fully understand and appreciate your concerns. I'm sorry we've let you down.

I'll now send you a private message detailing the best possible resolution. To view this click on the red envelope on the top left.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos