Menu
Karz92
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Early upgrade

Hi I've got about 6 months to run on my contract is it possible to pay it all off and get an upgrade and keep the same number and account.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Early upgrade

Hi,

sorry, poor choice of words. Your Mobile is completely separate from your Media account.

Whatever you pay per month for the agreed allowance to the SIM provided + any device included in your package/contract.

You'll need to call the Virgin customer service team for specifics relating to your account.

(Also if it is going to be expensive for you, consider Gorf's suggestion: Buy a cheap phone just to last you to within 30 days of your contract end date at which time you can apply for an upgrade).

Good luck Smiley Happy

AlexKid:-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
If this has helped answer your question > click 'Helpful Answer' also.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

it is indeed possible. You need to call Virgin mobile customer services on 789 or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone.

However it will be costly as the "Buyout" will be your line rental x the number of months remaining on your contract.

You are best to give them a call, see just how much it will cost &  ask if they are able to offer anything better to suit your needs so that you can weigh up all your options.

0 Kudos
Karz92
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ok thanks alot for the reply Smiley Happy I'll give them a call tomorrow and ask how much it will be, if its to much I'll just wait a couple of months, do they charge line rental on mobile phone contracts aswel? I've already got TV and Internet etc with them aswel, just want to change my phone because the screens all scratched and wouldn't mind paying the last few months off to get a new one before I'm due one. Thanks again
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Get a disposable phone from a big Tesco store - I bought the Alcatel Pixi3 for £40 and binned the Tesco SIM that came with it. My stepson had a couple of weeks with this el cheapo phone before he got his broken iPhone 6 back.

I now use the cheap handset as a spare, and as the remote for my Parrot Cargo Drone - because for some reason it connects to the cheap phone but not to my Samsung Galaxy S4.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi,

sorry, poor choice of words. Your Mobile is completely separate from your Media account.

Whatever you pay per month for the agreed allowance to the SIM provided + any device included in your package/contract.

You'll need to call the Virgin customer service team for specifics relating to your account.

(Also if it is going to be expensive for you, consider Gorf's suggestion: Buy a cheap phone just to last you to within 30 days of your contract end date at which time you can apply for an upgrade).

Good luck Smiley Happy