Menu
Luca74
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

EU data Travelpass: paying twice?

I've been travelling through France and I am in Italy now. I have bought a couple of 250 MB travelpasses dor 5 £ each, but I have just discovered by checking my account that all my monthly data allowance is now gone and I am paying 2 £ a day to connect!
Apparently, I am paying twice!
Can anyone please explain me what is going on?

Many thanks,
Luca
0 Kudos
mebby
Joining in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: EU data Travelpass: paying twice?

This has happened to me too and explaining this to Virgin mobile so they understand it is the hardest thing to do!

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Over the last few weeks, there have been a number of posts about this problem, looks like the only one's who don't know about it - is the CS staff ??
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Luca74
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks a lot to both mebby and teabag!
Any suggestions on how to get in touch with the CS from abroad and have the problem fixed?
Cheers, L
0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

From abroad the phone number is +44345 6000 789

Let us know how you get on :-)
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Luca74,

Thanks for your post on the Forum; I'm sorry that you've had problems with your data passes and your data allowance. 

Checking into this for you, I can see that you took teabag's advice called in and this has been escalated. An account adjustment has also been applied.

Apologies for the inconvenience the data pass issue has caused. 

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Luca74
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Dear Terri_P,

many thanks for your message.

Yes, after a 39 minutes phone call to the CS I have been credited an extra 200MB of UK allowance this month. They assured that mine was a very strange case and no one had ever heard of anything similar happening this summer.

But the problem is far from solved. I am still in Italy, but I am still using my UK allowance. I am not paying 2£ a day anymore (for the moment) simply because in the meantime my monthly allowance renewed on the 15th of August. But I am still both paying my Travelpasses and using my UK data...

And my last bill still includes 26£ of extra charges for the 13 days in which I thought I was using my Travelpasses in Italy but I was also paying my UK data 2£ a day... in roaming!

At present, I am using a Vodafone SIM for data, in order to avoid using all my UK allowance while in Italy and starting paying 2£ a day again!

I will be back in the UK at the beginning of September, and I am seriously considering the idea of leaving Virgin Mobile. I travel abroad rather often and I can't waste my time and money trying to make their unreliable services work.

Cheers,

Luca

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Luca,

Thank you for coming in and posting your message back to us, Terri isn't in right now but I'd like to help.

I would like to go into this a bit more and would like to PM you, You can find this at the top right of the page, purple envelope Smiley Happy

Speak to you soon.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos