Menu
breezo
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

EE to Virgin porting problem

Hi,

I'm another one who is having issues with the EE to Virgin porting process.

My transfer was scheduled for 22/08. At 4pm on 22nd my EE number (the one I need to keep) was disconnected & I received a text to my Virgin number saying "We're all done porting your old number". Sadly that's not the case. My Virgin sim is still on the number Virgin allocated me, my EE sim is now disconnected & it seems like my number has gone with it.

Had I known in advance that Virgin was struggling to port number correctly I would never have signed up. 

The call centre can't help and only tell me "the transfer is complete" or "wait another 12hrs". When I call EE I'm advised the number has been ported to Virgin, I no longer have an account & it's not their problem.

If someone could please look into this for me I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

Brian

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: EE to Virgin porting problem

Call 789 choose the tech support option, ask them to raise it as an issue and ask for the support ticket number

0 Kudos
uncleJoe2010
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am having the exact same problem as you.

I requested a transfer of my old Tesco mobile number to my new virgin phone also on 22/08. The old number was disconnected that same day, I got a txt to say the transfer was complete on 23/08 - but it wasn't. Several calls to CS later, who insist the transfer is complete, and I still have my temp Virgin number and I can no longer be contacted on my old number.

Seriously regretting switching to Virgin.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi breezo,

Welcome to the Community Forum. I'm sorry that your number port hasn't completed. 

Has this been sorted out for you yet? If not, please let me know.

I'll need to verify your details in order to checking into this for you, so I'll send you a private message. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of the screen.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi uncleJoe2010,

Welcome to the Community Forum--I'm sorry that you are having a problem with your number port. 

Checking this, I can see that you called in and went through some checks with us on the same day as your post. Has this been resolved for you or are you still on your temporary Virgin Mobile number?

Please let me know so that I can check into this for you. I'll need to verify your details, so I'll send you a private message. Just check the envelope on the top right of this screen.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi breezo,

I'm checking back with you about the issue you reported with your number port to Virgin Mobile, as I haven't received a response from you yet.
If you are still having problems with this and would like for me to look into this for you, please let me know.
Many thanks,

0 Kudos