Menu
RyanKDY
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

E-Sign Emails for Mobile Contract

Morning folks,

We decided to upgrade our contracts yesterday as we are approaching the end of the term. So we were told we would get email to complete the process. We got the first one telling us what we do with the upcoming ones and nothing more.

This morning we got one "Hello,

It’s been a few days and we’ve noticed you haven’t managed to sign your credit agreement yet. We thought we’d check in to see if you needed a helping hand with anything?

Don’t forget, you’ll need to sign your agreement within 48 hours, or the deal expires."

It was yesterday afternoon and we have not received the emails needed for the process? So looks like it will cancel before we even get the chance to sign them.

After 4 years as a customer too, my Wife & I can not upgrade together due to us sharing my wife's bank account for this. Even though this is how we've always done it, one of us must wait till 30 days before contract ends not getting the early upgrade, the close the account down and transfer it over to the other account. Seems all rather harsh and silly after this time with the company?

We spend over £100 a month just on house Mobiles - another £100 on other Virgin products - and admittedly this is off putting when try to upgrade and stay with the company. Seems like a lot of hassle.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: E-Sign Emails for Mobile Contract

You need to ring Customer Services on 789 from your mobile or 0345 6000 789 form a landline (150 from a Virgin line) as the ordering system has been having a 'Technical Glitch' for the past 6 months.

I also get the impression that you may have fallen foul of Virgin's Freestyle contracts where the cost of the phone is seen as a loan. Their underwriters seem to be particularly tough and have dismissed many a good customer. They probably can't handle two phones on on bank account.

You may struggle over this. Hopefully one of the team will take it up, but it may take some time.

All Replies
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You need to ring Customer Services on 789 from your mobile or 0345 6000 789 form a landline (150 from a Virgin line) as the ordering system has been having a 'Technical Glitch' for the past 6 months.

I also get the impression that you may have fallen foul of Virgin's Freestyle contracts where the cost of the phone is seen as a loan. Their underwriters seem to be particularly tough and have dismissed many a good customer. They probably can't handle two phones on on bank account.

You may struggle over this. Hopefully one of the team will take it up, but it may take some time.

RyanKDY
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ahh, not good on the phone front. Looks like I may take a sim-only (unless that's changed too) and buy an S7 outright, if they can not remedy. That's a real shame Smiley Sad

I assume it's 9am opening today to call them? (oh and yes, this is going from a VIP contract to this new Freestyle one)

Thank you for your help too, truly appreciate it.

0 Kudos
RyanKDY
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

After calling they have managed to send emails 1 of 3 & 2 of 3 but there is no Email #3 with code to complete it. Does this come at same time, or slightly delayed? This is very tedious! How off putting! Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi RyanKDY

Sorry to hear about the issues you've had finalising your new contracts.

Have you now been able to complete this?

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos