Menu
Swoop101
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Dropping to SIM only

Why when I ask to drop one of my mobile contracts to SIM only do they insist on a credit check?

I have been with VM and their previous incarnations for 20 years with no billing problems ever.

I have no issues with a check it is just the utter stupidity of the 'process'

I pay nearly £170 a month ( 200mb, 3 boxes, phone, full TV package, 2 mobiles, mobile dongle ) and I do not accept such treatment and am seriously rethinking my continued custom over this.

You may think I am being petty but I expect better customer service than I have received on the phone from people who I have difficulty understanding.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Dropping to SIM only

Sadly the mobile side of the business is not linked contact wise to the media side. Separate contracts require desperate credit checks. Passing these checks a year or two past is no gtee that you're circumstances can have mainly changed.

After saying that I agree that Virgin Mobile have a very much higher standard to pass their credit checks that most of the major suppliers. That's designed to reduce their exposure to fraud, whilst good for Virgin it's difficult for long term customers who now fail after many years.

Sadly I had to go through this process a few month ago
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes the credit checks are a bit over the top.

I had to have a credit check in the beginning of September, had 3 sim-onlys and cancelled one at £15 and wanted to up one of the other sims from £6 to £8 monthly - could not be done with a credit check :-)
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
Swoop101
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply, but in my case the mobile and TV/BB side are linked by a long standing deal that was made 6 years ago.

If I cancel the mobiles my main bill will go up because of a discount given. So I will not gain anything.

This is why I am so annoyed.

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

One of my sims is linked to the home broadband service side, it's one of the "big bundle" sims, I don't get no discount though. lol

As I see it, if I would like to change that sim to a newer sim only tarrif, Virgin see it as a cancellation and a new sim contract - which will need a credit check :-(
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos