Menu
dave15
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Dropping calls and trouble using internet when others on diferent netwoks have no problem around me

Hoping someone here can help as I hate phoning your useless phone system

I have unfortunately been with your company for years I say unfortunately because problems rarely get resolved.

I got into mobiles rather late in life and thought dropped calls and internet where normal and would be resolved as technology improved, but then I noticed others around me where not having these problems.

But then I realised it was just people on virgin mobile as everyone in my area i know has switched to other networks because they where having these problems with virgin too.

so I phoned your tech support  and they where helpful and went through all the settings with me I set everything as they said and 4 weeks on I still have the same problems, so I phone your company and ask to cancel my contract as my network does not work as it should, but was passed from tech to cancelations to tech to cancellations and then told I would have to pay £150 to cancel Why should I have to pay if the network is not up to scratch in this area I have a wife who is very vulnerable and I need a reliable  phone, also my 11 year old daughter needs to be able to phone me without call dropping every 5 minutes.

I even upgraded to a top of the range HTC to ensure I had the best possible technology on my side in the hope it may make my connection a little better and yes I went though all the settings with tech support on that one too.

The mobile internet is abysmal aswell when I take my kids to there after school clubs I have to sit there twiddling my thumbs while all the other parents are happily browsing away(on other networks obviously) while I cannot even connect, and also worrying that if my wife phones and needs me she may not even be able too get through.

I cannot wait until this contract is up as I will never get another with your company and the only recommendation I will give to others is to stay away if they live in this area.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Dropping calls and trouble using internet when others on diferent netwoks have no problem around me

Hi dave15,

as your poor reception problem is longstanding & not confined to one area it can't unfortunately be due to an area fault or maintenance.

If you're going to leave then and choose another provider I would recommend that you find out which has the best coverage in your area.

(Try asking a neighbour or one of those other parents).

You can find an on line comparison HERE

Remember that Virgin use EE so if you are considering another MVNO you don't want another that does.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
dave15
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Dropping calls and trouble using internet when others on diferent netwoks have no problem around me

Already have apparently two cups and a bit of string is more reliable than virgin! although i will probably go with Tesco as they are cheaper more reliable 4G not 3G and you get more internet for less,

doesn't help me much at the moment having to pay for the rest of the year for a **bleep**ty service from virgin and waiting till December to get the code so I can keep my number which i have had for years, even better in Tesco's you can walk in and talk to a real person (a living one that is in front of you) and not have to press loads of buttons after listening to all the crappy menus and wait for ages to get passed around to departments who cannot be bothered to sort problems.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

dave15 wrote:

even better in Tesco's you can walk in and talk to a real person (a living one that is in front of you) and not have to press loads of buttons after listening to all the crappy menus and wait for ages to get passed around to departments who cannot be bothered to sort problems.

Hi Dave,

if you go into your local Virgin Media store you can talk to real people in there (living ones in front of you).

Yes, I know this doesn't help & that you're understandably upset by your lack of Virgin/EE signal (especially as you're tied to them for the remainder of your contract without financial penalty).

But just pointing out, Virgin do have real people too Smiley Happy

AlexKid :-)

0 Kudos