Menu
Geoff1947
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Double your data.

Virgin have a Black Friday offer until 28th Nov. Go to your account and manage your addons, then select double data deal and your data allowance will be doubled until you change your contract.

It's easy, it's free. 

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Double your data.

Hi Geoff1947,

scroll down the offer page to below "The Legal Stuff" and the T's & C'S are there:

Double Data offer: Offer available to new or existing customers taking a SIM Only plan or Freestyle plan on any phone. Offer ends on 28th November 2016.

You don't need to be an existing customer or a Media customer (the only benefit to also being a Media customer is free unlimited VM to VM calls included in your tariff).

If the website won't let you do it, try giving the Virgin Mobile sales team a call on 0800 052 0238.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

All Replies
Geoff1947
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yesterday I changed tariff from payg to monthly sim only and took advantage of the Black Friday double data offer.

Today my wife decided she wanted to do the same. This afternoon the website seemed to be down for maintenance and when it came back I attempted to change her tariff online as I did with mine yesterday.

However after the credit check section I get the message that my wife's address is not recorded as a virgin media customer and she was not eligible for the double data offer. Not surprisingly her address is the same as mine and we do not have virgin media.

so it seems strange that I am eligible for double data but my wife isn't. At the start of the order process it does ask if you are a virgin media customer, but if answering no, it then says it doesn't matter as non vm customers are eligible for the same tariffs. 

I cannot see any terms and conditions relating to the offer. I wonder if they changed the rules since yesterday and modified the website today?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Geoff1947,

scroll down the offer page to below "The Legal Stuff" and the T's & C'S are there:

Double Data offer: Offer available to new or existing customers taking a SIM Only plan or Freestyle plan on any phone. Offer ends on 28th November 2016.

You don't need to be an existing customer or a Media customer (the only benefit to also being a Media customer is free unlimited VM to VM calls included in your tariff).

If the website won't let you do it, try giving the Virgin Mobile sales team a call on 0800 052 0238.

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Geoff1947
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Tried this again the following day and this time it accepted the order.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Geoff1947,

great news, thanks for reporting back Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Heckleruk
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Because I had problems signing up in the first place (kept swapping out my sim only phone contract for a DATA ONLY one).. I had to sign up for the lousy £6 a month tarrif just to get it to accept and then change it to the one I wanted via my VM account.

So that means I can't take up this offer because I'm locked out from making any additions/changes to my account until the 8th of next month when the new tariff kicks in.

Starting to think switching to VM was a bad move.

0 Kudos
nigelee
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Geoff,

tried ringing twice today on hold for 35 mins the 1st time and 20+ the 2nd time before I gave up. I have 3 phones Pay monthly sims that I want double data for. Any suggestions, the website doesn't seem to give me the option yet as I am in the middle of changing from 3G to 4G before this offer was advertised!

Nige

0 Kudos