Menu
lari
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Does anyone know why has virgin media cut all online contact with their clients ?

Having lost my sim card whilst in Spain, I have spent many hours (paying lots) in internet trying to order a new one from virgin. This it appears is IMPOSSIBLE!.

Virgin's business model (like many telecoms companies) includes cutting all verifiable contact with their clients so that ALL contact (except postal services) has been removed.

After spiraling around their web pages  I found the only contact offered (CHAT = "recommended") is when I request a complaint about customer service only to discover that : All of our agents are currently busy. Please try again later.

This is patently a ripoff and occurs at all hours every day despite the message saying that service is available from 0800 to 2000hrs weekdays.

I also discovered (lord knows where) the invitation: Send us an email!  

but surprise surprise, this results in:

Service Temporarily Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

The real problem is that almost all other telecoms companies have the same kind of setup.

I personally will cut the connection between Virgin and my bank account but there must be many many others who are not in a position to do this.

To add insult to injury this FORUM has been set up in such a way that anyone can see the questions that clients pose but to see the answers one must first REGISTER with the forum.

This is clearly a PHISHING exercise and I don NOT recommend complying with it .... above all since the answer

you are looking for is:

NO you can not currently do this online:

Order a new sim card.

Send an email to customer services.

Get a commitment of any kind from Virgin about anything whatsoever.

You are cordially invited to waste hours going round in circles on their web page with vague promises that the NEXT link is the one that you are searching for.

I sincerely hope you get to read this before wasting too much time energy and good faith in this utterly frustrating process.

Good luck to all Ex-Virgin customers

Cheers

Lari

Ps. Post will probably be removed very shortly but what the hell, hopefull some other angry soul will repeat it after they travel the same route!

Sololobo
Wise owl
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Does anyone know why has virgin media cut all online contact with their clients ?

lari wrote:

To add insult to injury this FORUM has been set up in such a way that anyone can see the questions that clients pose but to see the answers one must first REGISTER with the forum.

In my experience of the Forum, which is not inconsiderable, anyone can see both the questions and answers that are posted.

To post a question, or to answer other posts requires registration. (Unless there has been a more recent change which I'm not aware of.)

I do agree that attempting to contact VM in any meaningful way is an exercise in futility. All their systems appear to be configured in such a way as to make the average customers surrender in frustration or disgust.

lari wrote:

NO you can not currently do this online:

Order a new sim card.

Send an email to customer services.

Get a commitment of any kind from Virgin about anything whatsoever.

Yes, there are many things which cannot be done online and all of your above points are valid.

Yes it is a disgrace, and yes other ISP's are the same, but that should not be an excuse for poor services.

Take heart in that you are not alone, I'm sure there are many more who feel the same way. 

You as the customer have the right to move to an alternative provider, as I was forced to do on the removal of VM's ADSL service - and I've never been happier. Smiley Happy If you're not satisfied with the services provided then go elsewhere.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Does anyone know why has virgin media cut all online contact with their clients ?

Hi lari

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear you lost your SIM card recently - it's not good to hear.

I can confirm it's not currently possible to request a replacement SIM online, but if you give the team a call on 0345 600 0789 from any other line, we'll be happy to get you some help with this.

If you're still away, you can call us on +447953967967 from any line.

Let us know how you get on with it.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos