Menu
futumch
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Does anyone know what the ACTUAL issue is with Virgin transferring old number in?

Having provided my PAC number, Virgin said the number would transfer on Friday (1st July)

I dutifully put my new SIM into my phone and got a signal on Thursday evening.

Friday morning the signal had gone and 'no network was found' - fair enough.

By the end on Friday - no signal - called Virgin - no help

Called saturday twice - no help

Called Sunday twice - second call was really helpful and promised to call me first thing Monday when the technical team were in.

Monday morning - no phone call - no signal.

Another call - no help.

Does anyone know what the issue is with Virgin transferring number once the PAc is provided?

After 4 days I'm looking at leaving already, I have no use of my phone and don't feel like Virgin are addressing my issue.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Lammy22
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Does anyone know what the ACTUAL issue is with Virgin transferring old number in?

If I was you mate, I would get out now while you can, I would NEVER recommend Virgin Mobile, they have not got a clue! Service is a JOKE! As you have said had no help, that is the service you will expect to get in the future, NO HELP.
0 Kudos
futumch
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Does anyone know what the ACTUAL issue is with Virgin transferring old number in?

Thanks for the advice, which I took up last night.

Apparantly there is a fault the technical team have had since 20th June.

There were over 350 customers in the same boat as of Saturday night and they don't know how to fix it yet.

It's a shame they didn't mention this problem when I rang to arrange my number transfer.

Cancelled my contract and got my PAC, heading back to my more expensive but more reliable prevoius provider.

Good luck everyone with Virgin!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Futumch,

Thank you for coming in and posting for the first time, welcome into the Community.

I am sorry to hear that you have been affected by an issue on the porting the number over and more so that you have decided to leave so soon.

I hope that you decide to come back in the future as these outages are a rarity. If you do with to have any further help or any questions, please feel free to direct them at me.

All the best.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos