Menu
1beardy2
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Does anyone know if virgin will offer Wi-fi calling in the future ?

Does anyone know if virgin will offer Wi-fi calling in the future ?

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Does anyone know if virgin will offer Wi-fi calling in the future ?

No idea, I suspect not as they have to negotiate and agree with BT who are there biggest rival and this is not the only feature they don't pay for try 4G, call forwarding
0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

There are two types of wifi calling available. Three use an app (Three in Touch) whereas EE use native wifi calling.

Although the latter is best it uses the same protocols as Voice over LTE (4G) this means it is limited to certain handsets that can use that protocol. It also has to be activated via the carriers software..

I would not expect it on Virgin till after 4G is released and maybe not even then.

0 Kudos
1beardy2
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks. Are you aware of any other way to get round a virtually non existent signal my daughter has in a uni hall of residence ? Ideally want it to work with her virgin phone number. Do not have direct access to halls wi-fi router to use a signal booster. She can use what's app etc but this does not use her actual number.
0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Viber do a service called Viber Out which uses your phone number, but of course you have to buy credit, which will increase her costs.

https://account.viber.com/en/rates/

0 Kudos