Menu
BettyS32
Tuning in
Message 1 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Do you ever get a correct answer from Virgin Mobile? How awful is their Customer support?!!!!

I have been trying to resolve a problem with my grandson Ben's mobile (set up in my name last year as he was only 17) and getting precisely NOWHERE!

He would like the account in his name now to start building up a good credit history. He already pays the bill through his bank account, for a rolling monthly SIM only contract unlimited calls, unlimited texts and unlimited data.

Diary

Sunday 18/01 - called Virgin and got through to and overseas call centre (after queuing for a while). Explained that I wanted it transferred into Ben's name. Told 'no problem'. They took Ben's details and I was told that they would change it to Pay As You Go with immediate affect. The call centre assistant informed me that because the contract was unlimited 'everything' and Ben had already paid for January, Virgin would ensure that it was always topped up with credit. 24 hrs later it would go into Ben's name and then after 48 hrs Ben would need to call them and give them the information to carry out a credit check. Due to difficulty with Ben calling (he is in the Army and only gets home at weekends) we arranged to postpone the call for Ben until Saturday.

By Sunday evening he had ran out of text and data. It was after 20:00, so couldn't resolve that night.

Monday 19/01 - called the overseas centre again and told that they would top-up again with texts, data and calling credit. Ben ran out of texts again on Monday evening.

I called again and asked them to call Ben, immediately proceed with the credit check and transfer. They called Ben took the details and told him it would be sorted within 24 hrs. They also called me back and confirmed that everything was sorted.

Tuesday 20/01

Still not changed to his monthly credit account - Ben told it would happen at midnight, Tuesday.

Wednesday 21/01

Still not changed to his monthly credit account - Ben called again and told it would DEFINITELY happen at midnight, Wednesday. 

Thursday 22/01

Ben again out of text and data credit. He called AGAIN and was now told they wouldn't change it to a monthly credit account for 21 DAYS!

I called again and this time, opted for the 'thinking of leaving us' option on the menu. Funnily, you always get through to a UK call centre straight away when you choose that option! Explained the problem and was told that Ben was being given incorrect information - they were just waiting for Ben to call them - he just needed to phone the Pay-as-you-go line again and give his details and it would happen straight away. I explained that Ben had already supplied all the relevant credit check info. on Monday evening. The UK assistant said that there was nothing showing on the system, he couldn't help us, "how would he know what the other call centre had told Ben" and insisted Ben just needed to call again.

Ben called the overseas call centre and was once again told 21 DAYS!

As soon as I got in from work at 19:40 I called the overseas call centre, was told by the computer there was a 30 second wait, listened to diabolical music for 7 minutes, then a ring tone began, was answered and I was immediately cut off. Obviously nobody wanted to take a call that close to finishing. I rang back, again told 30 seconds, 3 minutes later still no answer, and so I hung up and called the 'thinking of leaving us' line. Answered immediately of course!  Once again I was told that Ben was not being given correct information by the overseas call centre, but he could see on the notes that Ben was being told 21 days. He said that Customer Care would resolve it all and he would transfer me. I pointed out that it was now 20:00 and would they definitely answer the call. He assured me that they would answer, but there was a 5 minute queue; I said that was fine. Guess what????? I sat listening to the diabolical music again for a few minutes and then it started ringing and, shock horror, I was cut off AGAIN!!! I tried calling back, but of course, by then, the help line was closed!!

How angry and frustrated am I? I have to continue this battle tomorrow.

Even more frustrating is that I can't even find an email address to feed this information to Virgin Mobile. How dare companies expect their customers to answer other customer queries through a forum rather than deal with the questions themselves? Awful, awful, awful!!! 

BettyS32
Tuning in
Message 2 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: Do you ever get a correct answer from Virgin Mobile? How awful is their Customer support?!!!!

Update

I have just spoken to Elaine (Virgin Mobile in Fife, Scotland) and she was fantastic. In fairness all the staff have been polite and tried to help, I'm just frustrated with getting nowhere.

Whilst Virgin can't solve the '21 day' issue now that the process has begun, Elaine has kindly offered to monitor Ben's usage and try to ensure he is kept in credit with texts, data etc. She will also keep an eye on the process and try to ensure that we are kept up to date once the '21 day period' is coming to an end.

Gold star for Elaine - she is definitely a credit to Virgin Mobile.

Why did it go wrong? Well, it just seems that somebody carried out the wrong procedure on Sunday or Monday and sadly once began, can't be stopped. Hopefully the next 15 days or so will go quickly and the final stage of the process happen without a hitch.

0 Kudos
Shxz
Tuning in
Message 3 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: Do you ever get a correct answer from Virgin Mobile? How awful is their Customer support?!!!!

you don't from the broadband team either, they didn't know what ddosing was also simple things they should know like DHCP

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bettys32,

Thanks for your posts regarding this. I'm so glad that Elaine has offered to monitor Bens account Smiley Happy

Please keep me updated with how you get on.

Let me know if you need anything at all.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
grumpygraeme
Up to speed
Message 5 of 23
Flag for a moderator

try writing to the chairmans office to vent your anger

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 23
Flag for a moderator

"try writing to the chairmans office to vent your anger"

And waste everyones time who has already tried the correct channels. If you want to complain follow the channels make the complain first.
0 Kudos
Smurf1
Up to speed
Message 7 of 23
Flag for a moderator

NAH !!

Forget the channels, go straight to the top I say !

Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 23
Flag for a moderator

so people that really need to go above complainst can't because people like you are wasting the time of the tiny CEO office with unneeded problems.

Bravo... People like you that delay fixes for people that really need them
0 Kudos
Smurf1
Up to speed
Message 9 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Who cares ?

Not me.

As long as going to the top gets a result for me then I will do it every time.

Perhaps you should learn to be a little less rigid and maybe you would get somewhere yourself ?

Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 23
Flag for a moderator

i get what i want by the correct channels. never had a unresolved problem with VM that lasted more then a day.

i feel sorry for the people that have been though the complaints didn't get their problem fixed then have to wait behind you in a queue with te CEO because your LAZY!!!
0 Kudos