Menu
j4t1np4r3kh
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Do Virgin still give Loyalty Discounts?

Do Virgin Mobile still give customer loyalty discounts? 2 years ago I was offered a £16 per month discount of my tariff, and as my contract is about to end, I've been calling Virgin and they no longer seem to match anything like that. Could I please get some more info about this?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Do Virgin still give Loyalty Discounts?

I get a fiver off for having their broadband, but nothing for being a longterm customer. I think they only offer incentives if they really think you're about to leave. If they think you're just after a better deal, you'll get nothing.

Unlike the carrier I use for my son's phone: they send a monthly email detailing which tariff would better suit his usage.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rita-B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi j4t1np4r3kh,

Thank you for your post  and good question!

If you are due for a upgrade i would definitely give our upgrades team a call and we will try our best to give you an awesome deal.

Please give our upgrades team a  call on 789 (Virgin Mobile phone or 0345 183 1150 (any other landlines) open Mon-Fri 8am-8pm; Sat 9am-5pm and Sun: Closed.

Let us know how you get on Smiley Happy 

Rita B
Help & Support Forum Team

0 Kudos
j4t1np4r3kh
Tuning in
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I called and found out I'm getting exactly the same discount any new customer would get! Knowing I've been a Virgin mobile customer for well over 4 years and this being my third upgrade, I was pretty shocked to find out I can't get any further discounts because I've had a contract for a lot longer than most customers!!!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

j4t1np4r3kh wrote:
I called and found out I'm getting exactly the same discount any new customer would get!

That's actually not bad - almost all subscription-based companies offer low deals to get new customers, and they don't have any problem with stating that existing customers aren't eligible.

0 Kudos
sheffieldcb
Joining in
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

> I called and found out I'm getting exactly the same discount any new customer would get!

> Knowing I've been a Virgin mobile customer for well over 4 years and this being my third upgrade,

> I was pretty shocked to find out I can't get any further discounts because I've had a contract for a lot longer than

> most customers!!!

Same here...

15 years a Virgin Media customer and 4 yrs with virgin mobile. Tried to renew contract but now because of the new flex tariffs, they would not give more than the £5 discount for having BB, TV, Landline. I previously had just under £15 discount.

I suggested to the chap I was speaking to at VM that avoiding giving this discount was the reason they'd introduced the Flex tariffs. He said "Yes".

Wouldn't be so bad were Virgin Mobile decent value overall - but for LG G3, the handset cost is 25% higher than many other places and the tariff n/i handset only £3 cheaper.

Switched to a different network, overall cost £15 a month cheaper for identical package.

Reckon Virgin have done me a favour!

0 Kudos
Paynetw
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Rita-B wrote:

Hi j4t1np4r3kh,

Thank you for your post  and good question!

If you are due for a upgrade i would definitely give our upgrades team a call and we will try our best to give you an awesome deal.

Please give our upgrades team a  call on 789 (Virgin Mobile phone or 0345 183 1150 (any other landlines) open Mon-Fri 8am-8pm; Sat 9am-5pm and Sun: Closed.

Let us know how you get on Smiley Happy 

If you do get an "awesome deal" over the phone, make sure that they actually send you the correct "awesome bill".

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi sheffieldcb,

We're really sorry to see you go Smiley Sad It's not something we like to see. I hope you would consider coming back to us in the not too distant future.

If it's not too late, and there's anything I can do to change your mind, please feel free to let me know Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paynetw,

That doesn't sound good at all Smiley Sad

What's happened with the bill itself?

Keep me updated with the latest.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
capnbirdseye
Tuning in
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I'm shocked to find I'm paying more than a new customer for the same package inc a supposed £4 loyalty discount.

Our package is b/band up to 50meg & phone XL, the TV is the now obsolete free TV M which is just freeview which we hardly use if ever

A new subscriber after the initial lower cost will pay £42.49 for 50meg & anytime phone XL at the currently advertised price on Virgin website whereas we currently pay £43.28 & will apparently lose the £4 discount in Sept which will make our payment £47.28 !
We phoned up to query this earlier today & were repeatedly told that we were looking at a different package to mine with phone M & not XL even though we had it onscreen in front of us he refused to accept that we are indeed paying more than we should be & actually tried to make us increase our package in order to save even more.!

BT is looking very attractive now that fibre is available in our road,  similar package with albeit only 38meg /b/band / anytime phone inc 0845 is £39.49 & as I only surf the net & rarely download much it's looking a better option unless Virgin can see why I'm complaining

0 Kudos