Menu
Davisonl
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Do I need to contact Virgin before I go to poland

Have a Sony experia m2 mobile and am going to Poland at the weekend.  Do I need to contact Virgin to get switch on? I need the phone and text to. Work and pick up wi fi  to pick up e mails

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Do I need to contact Virgin before I go to poland

As far as I am aware, the option to enable roaming was added into the Virgin Mobile account area. So if you login to your Virgin Mobile account, view the number in question - I think it would be under the 'Plan and Device' tab. If you don't see your mobile number listed (which is a on-going issue for some) you would have to call into 789 to request roaming to be turned on.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
AngusNcle
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

In my experience if you can't see it set up, then try to set up online, and then check by calling 789. Similarly if you 789 to add roaming, then ring 789 back to check they actually did what you asked, as it often has not !
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Davisonl,

Thanks for posting.

Shelke has hit the nail on the head there. It's not automatically enabled. This is to safe guard you against any unwanted costs when travelling abroad. You can enable it with the following steps:-

Online account > Plans and devices > Manage services > Enable roaming.

As for the Wi-Fi, you have the power to connect to any network you want (as long as you have the password). So this does not need to be set up. For any more information check here.

Hope this information helps you. Enjoy your trip to Poland.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos