Menu
Helbells
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Disgusted

I have been refused an upgrade on my mobile phone as my credit report has been declined. I have printed off my credit report and it is excellent and even spoke to the credit reference agency. Virgin mobile have been useless and won't discuss it with me. I have three mobile phone contracts with Virgin, Xl tv package, Internet and phone package - have been a loyal customer for 12 years and have never defaulted on a payment but can't upgrade my phone!!!! Disappointed and terrible customer services. I need a decent phone as I run my own business from home and understand that customer relation are so important. Is anyone from virgin willing to look into this for me as ABSOLUTELY DUSGUSTED by the way I have been treated.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disgusted

Search the forum for "declined credit". You are not alone.

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

A number of people on here have gone to O2 and found they have no problem. Probably take about 30 min if you go into one of their shops

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Helbells

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry to hear that you've not been approved for a new handset with us.

We conduct credit checks with all customers who wish to take out a new 'Freestyle' or 'split contract' handset deal with us and this forms part of our responsibility to lend responsibly.

I regret we wouldn't discuss the reasons behind the decision, however it's made based on a number of factors including affordability and your internal and external credit history.

Although we've not been able to offer you one of these phones, we may still be able to offer you a standard contract handset or a 'SIM Only' deal.

Was this something discussed with you when you spoke with the team?

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos