Menu
nickroberts1968
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Disgusted CAN SOME HELP ME

I have been a sim only customer for years

I decided to upgrade and order a nice Samsung galaxy i did a online order and was accepted Great. After thinking about the cost i decided to call and spoke to Virgin customer care and cancelled the order and was told to return the phone. I asked if i could stay on my sim only deal and was told that was ok Great.

I never accepted the phone and it was returned to virgin after a couple of days i rang to see if they had recieved the phone back which they had and i once again asked if i could keep my sim only deal and was told once again that was ok

This week i recieved a text saying we have cancelled your sim only deal and im on pay as u go

2 min later i recieved another text saying i was back on my chosen package

So i rang virgin after ages on the phone i found out that virgin had cancelled everything i was put on payg and now i was unable to have my old sim only deal but i could have another sim only deal wasnt happy but accepted.

I had to have a new credit check WHAT ok i said guess what i FAILED was told to apply again in 30 

Whats going on? I was accepted for a £700 something phone but cant get a £10 sim only deal

I have been accepted on Vodafone for a sim only deal so what is Virgins problem

I dont want to go to Vodafone as all my family are on Virgin and i like that the 0870 numbers are inculed in the inclusive mins

CAN SOME HELP ME PLEASE from Virgin i dont want to leave but im not going on  PAYG

Thanks

0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disgusted CAN SOME HELP ME

its depends if your new to cridit rateing you have to build it up virgin moblie can be a pain to join if you have no cridit rateing

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre, Player TV, Talk Weekends

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The only people that can resolve this foe you are:

You can reach the Consumer Underwriters by popping them an email on ConsumerUnderwritingServices@virginmedia.co.uk
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

HI nickroberts1968,

I am sorry to hear about your recent experience with your order. 

Due to the nature of the problems you are experiencing I would suggest giving the team a call on 789 from a Virgin Mobile or 0345 6000 789 from any other line.

Apologies for the inconvenience, if you would like to let me know how you get on we will be here to assist. 

Take Care 

Mike

0 Kudos
nickroberts1968
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Still cant get any joy from Virgin and they have new 4G tarriffs now  with no more 0870 0845 mins included

IM OFF to a provider that will help customers when theres a problem

BYE BYE and good ridence

And by the way ive cancelled my Virgin media package that was £93 a month as well

0 Kudos
nickroberts1968
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Just signed up for

Three Essential Plan.

4GB Data.
All-you-can-eat Minutes.
All-you-can-eat Texts.
12 months
£9

With Quidco cash back too

But cant sign up for a 30 day sim deal with virgin i fail the credit check funny that, i can get a contract with vodafone or 3 but not with virgin
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Not at all 3 use a standard credit check Virgin use their own, their check is harder to pass and why they would do that I've no idea but it's been their policy for a few years now. It's a fraud thing, but results in 000's of disgruntled customers every year.
0 Kudos
nickroberts1968
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Funny i got accepted for a £700 something Samsung galaxy edge S7 with virgin last month but cant get a £10 30 day sim only deal with them now

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Nick, your correct it makes no sense to most of us, why not pick up an EE or BT sim only faster 4G service, same network coverage, no 3rd party network issues the phone will still work
0 Kudos