Menu
danwhofell
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Disgraceful treatment from CS - contract phone

I have had no working mobile whilst on a contact with Virgin Mobile for the past 12 weeks.

When I went into store to ask for assistance I was told to look for a new network.

When I sent my phone for repair the first time I received no contact from Virgin. The phone was returned unrepaired with no explanation. When I called for a reason I was told Virgin had tried to contact me on 3 separate occasions. Unfortunately this was via the mobile that I had sent in for repair!

I sent the phone in on a second occasion. I was told to pay £66 to carry out the repair. On payment I was told the phone would be returned within 24 hours due to the problems I had received. When the phone wasn't returned I called again and was told the phone would be returned within 3-5 working days. When the phone wasn't returned I called CS and was informed the phone could not be fixed. No attempt had been made to inform me. Virgin refunded the £66.

I asked to speak to cancellations. The CS representative was rude and condescending. He suggested it was my fault and that I had signed a contract so should live with it. He told me I could get out of my contract for £120 or he could 'make me a deal' and I could pay £60 and upgrade. I explained that due to the problems I had experienced I was unwilling to do this.

I have been without a working phone now since July but still paid my monthly charges without fail. How do I get this situation resolved?

J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disgraceful treatment from CS - contract phone

Call in again ask for a replacement phone, if possible speak to a manager, if not resolved request a "deadlock letter" you then can escalate this via Ofcom, they will review and. Make a judgement on this, don't expect it to be a quick option, I'd recommend an older Virgin/EE/Orange phone to use the contact minutes text and date till it's resolved or buy a heap EE payg phone.

If Virgin stick to their guns I can't see an easy time to resolve this.

Ofcom are indepandent and will make a judgement based on the law, your contract and what's happened, I've no idea what that might be.

The Ofcom website has more info.

0 Kudos
trev747
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Whatever the rights and wrongs about this particular case, I think that the wider issue here is the way that VM Customer Service operates. Their rudeness and unwillingness to treat customers with a modicum of respect is well documented throughout this forum, and it surely can't be any surprise that so many end up taking their custom else where. It puzzles me that moderators / forum members who work for Virgin aren't more proactive in reporting back to their management that the most often received complaint on this board is about poor customer service.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You may be correct in you points there, however this forum mainly deals with issues, we here are mainly not employees and have no idea how many calls are resolved 100% and to the customers satisfaction in the first call. This does not there for give us the insight required to judge.

However we do see the amount of posts answered promptly by Virgin staff and how those interaction are resolved or not as the case maybe.

We therefore can judge quite accuratly 

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Those of us that help out on a regular basis can understand the staff level supporting the forums, quality of staff assistance, and from that the level of commitment to the service by VIrgin Media.

We are not allowed to comment on the quality of the above, but it's easy to have an opinion.

The replys to pm to the supporting staff also helps Smiley Wink

0 Kudos