Menu
BALLR-77
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Disconnection

Can anybody tell me how much notice that you need to give before cancelling your contract? I've been with Virgin Mobile for a few years now and was satisfied until the last couple of months. They have repeatedly suspended my account at least six times in the last two months. The reason I'm given? No direct debit on file even though I give it every time I call. Having the two mobiles on the same account blocked almost consistently for their negligence has left me feeling angry.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Disconnection

If you are outside the 23rd month of a minimum term, you can give notice and the service will be ceased at your next refresh date. You will still have to pay for the service received to that point, which usually gets debited a week or two after the refresh date.

The "30 days notice" thing is a bit of a misnomer, and you can expect the agent taking your cancellation call to add 30 days to the date that you call, and then the service will be stopped at the following refresh date. Sneaky, but it means they get an extra month out of you. Virgin are not unique among carriers in this respect.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you are outside the 23rd month of a minimum term, you can give notice and the service will be ceased at your next refresh date. You will still have to pay for the service received to that point, which usually gets debited a week or two after the refresh date.

The "30 days notice" thing is a bit of a misnomer, and you can expect the agent taking your cancellation call to add 30 days to the date that you call, and then the service will be stopped at the following refresh date. Sneaky, but it means they get an extra month out of you. Virgin are not unique among carriers in this respect.

BALLR-77
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, my contract expires in September so I'll be on to them after my August refresh.
0 Kudos