Menu
Ironrash
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Different tariffs available for different SIMs

I pay for four SIM-only phones for myself, my wife and our two children.  They are all 30 day pay-monthly rolling contracts, all on the Virgin Media existing customer tariffs as we're broadband/landline customers.

The Virgin website seems incapable of managing multiple numbers on one account any more so with the help of the call centre bloke I've got four accounts set up, one for each number to manage the phones online.

When I look at the "Change Tariffs" options the plans available for each of the phones are different, and not just a bit different.  On one of them I am offered 250mins, 1GB data, unlimited texts for £5/month, on another I can only get 200mins, 1GB data, 3000 texts for £10.76/month, on the next one the same deal (200mins, 1GB data, 3000 texts) would cost me £16.15/month.  Yep, that's over three times the cost of the first one for an inferior package.

And so it goes on, with a plethora of different tariffs, One of the SIMS has 32 options available, another only nine.  One one of the SIMS, £5 will buy me 250mins, 1GB data, unlimited texts, on another the most I can get for a fiver is 0 minutes 1GB data, 0 texts.

I've not tried ringing up and asking for a tariff not on the list for that particular SIM - but I might give it a go just for fun.

Does anyone out there either from the forum followers,  or maybe even from Virgin themselves, have a clue what is going on here?

Ta...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Different tariffs available for different SIMs

Hi Ironrash,

Thanks for posting.

I'm very sorry the online change tariff options are very confusing and strange. I've never heard of so many being available before.

I've logged in to my personal account and can only see 4 available plus my current one. I'm not aware of anyone else being faced with this problem either so it's looks specific to you.

If you're thinking of changing the tariff then I'd definitely recommend giving our team a call so you can be placed on the correct one. The numbers you need are 789 from a Virgin Mobile and 0345 6000 789 from any other phone.

Please let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The amount of online upgrade tariffs seem to tie in with how old your tarrif is, before I changed my tarrif back in May - I was offered around 50 choices, after my upgrade it dropped down to about 15 choices.

At the end of July my tarrif had a price increase and now I only have a choice of 4, the choices offered are still old tarrifs and have lower allowances than offered with the new sims available.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
JP20885
Dialled in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I can relate to this issue too. My wife has access to tariffs which were available around 2012 (all priced with the odd pence), while I have access to the ones available around 2013.

To my understanding it depends on which tariff you're currently on and when you made the switch to this. You will see those tariffs which were available at the time of the switch and can change to any one of those. This means I can only switch to a discontinued tariff using the online system.

The £5 tariff is awesome - 1GB internet and 250 mins calls + unlimited to Virgin mobiles. I recently made a switch to that with no issues at all!

No logic to the system but I might as well use it to my advantage.

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

JP20885 wrote:

The £5 tariff is awesome - 1GB internet and 250 mins calls + unlimited to Virgin mobiles. I recently made a switch to that with no issues at 

That was the tarrif I was on, they wrote to me and said there was a error in the price I was paying and they increased mine to £6 on July 29th.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos