Menu
Forum Team
Message 11 of 19 (82 Views)

Re: Dialling voicemail 222

You only need to dial 222 once as part of the setup process.

After this you hold the voicemail key on your phone and this is a free call that comes out of your free minutes unless you have no free minutes and therefore the call is free and not charged.

Thanks,

Daniel_G - Forum Team

Need help swapping your SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM here. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Fibre optic
Message 12 of 19 (75 Views)

Hi Daniel,

I just came across this thread and your reply confused me.

You say "hold the voicemail key on your phone and this is a free call that comes out of your free minutes unless you have no free minutes and therefore the call is free and not charged."

It is either a free call or it comes out of the inclusive minutes ?? - If it is a free call then it couldn't come out of the inclusive minutes.

Please can you confirm.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
Rising star
Message 13 of 19 (71 Views)

@backtothefuture

I agree with you, this has always had me scratching my head, a virgin mobile/media customer calling their own voicemail number which incidentally is a virgin mobile number anyway should never have their minutes being used as it's the same as a normal call which is unlimited to all virgin mobiles.
0 Kudos
Rising star
Message 14 of 19 (67 Views)

Surely if we call our voicemail 222 then this comes under the Inclusive Virgin Mobile Minutes therefore it is free.

I think customers only receive that particular tariff that includes Inclusive Virgin Mobile Minutes if they are resident in a virgin Media account residence.
0 Kudos
Rising star
Message 15 of 19 (59 Views)

[ Edited ]
Let me amend my last two posts to add the word UNLIMITED before the words Inclusive Virgin Mobile Minutes.

So if it comes out of your inclusive virgin mobile minutes then it is FREE as that is UNLIMITED.

If it comes out of the Inclusive minutes then it will be free if you have no inclusive minutes left.

Now the big question is:

For those Virgin Mobile customers who have the Unlimited Virgin Inclusive minutes as well as their Inclusive Minutes, when they call 222 voicemail, does it come out of the Unlimited Inclusive Virgin Mobile Minutes or the Inclusive minutes, because if it's the latter then it's not really free.

So as it's actually a Virgin mobile number that is used when calling voicemail then I would say it should come from the Unlimited Virgin Inclusive minutes, that is if you have these in your tariff package that is.

Like I've mentioned previously, I think it all boils down to whether you stay in a home that has the Virgin Media assets which therefore entitles you to free unlimited Virgin to Virgin calls and SMS texts.
0 Kudos
Rising star
Message 16 of 19 (49 Views)

Ok, so it's clear now, when calling virgin voicemail the minutes come from your Unlimited Inclusive Virgin Minutes if you have these as part of your tariff.
0 Kudos
Rising star
Message 17 of 19 (45 Views)

[ Edited ]
@backtothefuture

When Daniel mentioned free minutes I think he's referring to those that don't have the Unlimited Inclusive Virgin Minutes in their tariff, therefore it would come out of their Inclusive Minutes.
0 Kudos
Fibre optic
Message 18 of 19 (39 Views)

@paperclip.

Thanks. It was just confusing his use of the term 'free minutes' when in fact it would appear he meant 'inclusive minutes'.
-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
Rising star
Message 19 of 19 (33 Views)

@backtothefuture

You're welcome.
0 Kudos