Menu
ThePoolman
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Diabolical Service.

Hello,

Hopefully someone can help me get my phone fixed. In November my LGG4 went into boot loop, where it keeps trying to start up all the the time. So I phoned Virgin and sent the phone back as advised. I received an email stating they will contact me in two days. Eleven days later I contacted Virgin to establish what's happening. After being passed from pillar to post I spoke to a gentleman who informed me that my phone was beyond economical repair and offered me the newer model, the LGG5. Yippee, I thought and quickly accepted his offer. The phone arrived and it was obviously a refurbished phone. Since my old phone was 11 months old I could accept the fact its a refurbished phone but I would have liked to have been told beforehand.

Then after two weeks this phone developed faults. It would not connect to wi-fi and the battery drained in about two hours.Apparently, very common faults with this model. So I phoned Virgin again and booked the phone in for repair. I received an email stating they had received it and would contact me within two days. Three weeks later! I contacted  Virgin to see what was happening. Good news!, the phone is on its way back to me. Bad news! They haven't even looked at it because the customer advisor had put the wrong model number on the form when she booked it in.

After another week , I received my phone.  Not Virgin's fault this time but DPD's. I contacted Virgin again to book my phone in for repair. After about half an hour trying to explain what has happened previously, the customer advisor assured me that she has put notes on the system stating the situation. I also write this in black and white on the return form and returned the phone.

I received my email stating that they have received it and will contact me within two days. I thought I'm getting deja vu now. After four days I contact Virgin again, only to be told that the phone was on its way to me and had not been looked at again because it has been booked in incorrectly.

I don't know what to do next. I have been without my phone since December 8th. Do the people in the repair centre actually read what is written on the return form or read the notes on Virgin's system.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Diabolical Service.

Hi ThePoolman,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm very sorry to hear that you have had such difficulties getting your handset repaired.

I'd like to look into this further for you, but I'll need to take more information from you. I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos