Menu
Lauras1984
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Denied phone upgrade

So as a "valued"customer of 10+years tv,phone and broadband and 2years mobile customer just have today tried to upgrade my phone only to be denied and told to check my credit report. Firstly I don't have the best credit history but I didn't 12 years ago when I joined virgin or when I got my phone contract 2 years ago. I would of liked to have got my daughter a contract phone to. Anyone else dealt with this??

Looks like they will no longer have our valued custom.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Denied phone upgrade

Its a slightly different situation as freestyle agreements are actual credit agreements so have different rules governing them. That's changed since you've last renewed. Basically in the past they have had discretion whereas now it goes solely on your credit score.

Not much you can do about it if your credit rating isn't great.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Denied phone upgrade

Hi Lauras1984 Smiley Happy

Welcome into the Community and thank you for writing in.

I am sorry that the phone upgrade wasn't available for you, there are a few factors that are taken into consideration when applying for a mobile handset through a Freestyle contract. We do still have normal contracts with mobiles and may be worth looking into. When you called in, were you advised you can also write into the underwriting team?

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos