Menu
ianmacnab
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Deleting original number

My wife has a new phone/ account, and cannot get rid of temporary/original Virgin number, she has had her existing number ported approximately 72 hours now, and Virgin number keeps appearing. I have read the answer to this is to go to settings and delete this number, ( this was an answer in Virgin community ) tried this a number of times, all this does is temporarily removes it for 24 hours, next day it is back

iPhone SE. I welcome any suggestions how this original unwanted number, can be wiped out permanently.

0 Kudos
MGman
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Deleting original number

My wife has a similar problem having her EE number ported to a Virgin SIM only deal. She has been waiting over a week now since the SIM was delivered but has been told there are technical problems porting numbers. Numerous phone calls and escalation of the complaint but still no sign of life, so she is saddled with the temporary number until god knows when!

Seems to be a common problem judging by the number of comments on here.

ianmacnab
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I hope MGman you receive this, I should mark this as a help full answer, but your wife and mine appear to have same problem, which looks like it's here for ever. On a more positive note thank you for taking the time to answer me.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Ianmacnab,

Thank you for coming in and posting your comments on the ported number.

I would love to look into this more and I can see that we'd need to check the status of the number port. I would like to ask if you can check your 'Inbox', as I've popped you over a 'Private Message'. You can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

All the best Smiley Happy

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos