Menu
IA1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Delayed text messages

I use an oldish Blackberry smartphone, on a virgin media contract.  I'm finding that recently texts (some but not all) have been delayed on the phone.  No problem with calls, but sometimes texts are delayed for a day or more.  Once they have arrived `bundled' - three texts from my wife, sent over two or three days, arriving all together on a subsequent day.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Delayed text messages

It may be that your phone or sim is failing, but regardless of us using text X as an instant message, it's not. Texts can take longer dur to a host of issues bur if not delivered within 48 hours just fade away. That is a uk wide and possible EU and world wide setting

0 Kudos
IA1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks J0hn.

Ian

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi IA1,

Welcome into the Community, it's great to see a new face.

I am sorry to read that the texts haven't been coming in as fast as normal, it can be a bit annoying for sure.

I would like to ask if you can possibly remove the SIM card, reboot the phone and then reboot the phone back with the SIM card  inserted again?

Also, have you received any new updates recently or made any changes to the device in the last week or around the time?

Many thanks.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos