Menu
Anzyakz2000
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Declined upgrade by VM now left to pay £53 a month for a 2 year old handset

This is so disgusting, called VM today as I am due a upgrade, got to choose my phone been told no worries by the agent, at the end he told me we will do a external credit check something like that and it came back declined, I was gobsmacked to hear this. I don't have good credit history and have been a customer of Virgin for many years and always paid on time, then to be told by Asif the agent that they can't offer me a upgrade so only option is sim only deal whic again they will credit check on or to buy my own handset and cancel contract with them or go to another provider, couldn't believe VM agent is fobbing me off, I can't go to another network as the credit check will decline so I'm left with no option here and VM don't seem to be caring for their customer, like agent told me today sorry declined my options are sim only which they will do credit check on aswell or to cancel and go with another network which I can't coz I don't have good credit history
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Declined upgrade by VM now left to pay £53 a month for a 2 year old handset

Hi Anzyakz2000,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm so sorry to hear you've been declined an upgrade with us. I completely understand your frustration as you were really hopefully on this.

I see you've said your credit rating isn't very good so this could very well have been the deciding factor. We do an external credit check so even though you've paid us on time we have to take everything in to account.

I'll send you a private message to discuss further. To view this click on the purple envelope on the top right.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Depends how bad your credit history is whether another network will take you.  Certainly, you won't get on Virgin's Freestyle tariff or O2's Refresh as both of these use a loan to pay for the handset part of the contract.

You say you are paying £53 a month, that's a lot, maybe try a cheaper deal with the likes of Three, Tesco etc.

0 Kudos
mphippen
Dialled in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Three might be your best bet. They still do conventional, bundled contracts, not 'loan' type deals like Virgin have moved to.

I am moving all our household mobiles away from Virgin to Three for this very reason. I refuse to take on loans I don't want.

They claim it's to give the customer more choice - in fact it's so that they don't have to deal with customers they see as a 'risk'. Unfortunately that includes many long-term customers who have always paid their bills on time. Shame.