Menu
shelboab
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Declined Mobile Upgrade!!!

hi there, now where do i start? i have been a virgin mobile customer for the past 2 years & a virgin media customer for many more. as my mobile contract is coming to an end, i was contacted by virgin, on my mobile, telling me i was now eligible for an upgrade, which i was more than happy & willing to do, as i had no problems with the contract before & was really pleased with. i then went on to pick my phone & tariff as before, (£31 p/m) & actually picked an extra sim card deal at £10p/m on top of that! i couldn't believe my ears when told that i was DECLINED! having not missed any payments on my mobile & media bills, paying both by direct debit, i was a bit confused to say the least. i then asked the operator why i was declined & was told nothing, except that if i was not happy with their decision, to contact the consumer underwriters, whose number they supplied. i phoned the underwriters & was told by the operator, martin was his name, that they had done a manual credit check & had passed. fine, or so i thought! i was told to phone again, choose my phone, etc., & that i should have no problems this time. WRONG! i was DECLINED AGAIN! this whole scenario happened a further 2 TIMES!!! i now believe there are 3 or 4 "DECLINES" against my name, all because the underwriters kept telling me to try again & there shouldn't be a problem! martin at the underwriters never phoned back, my contract is almost up, i have 4 declines against my name, which i am not happy with whatsoever, & now i am facing the prospect of having to look to another mobile dealer for a new contract phone, WHEN I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO!!! what is going on at virgin? is this really the way to treat loyal customers? this incident has bothered me that much that i have even enquired about joining another media company & leaving virgin altogether, which i really don't want to do. CAN I GET SOME STRAIGHT ANSWERS PLEASE & HAVE THIS WHOLE, SORRY MESS SORTED ONCE & FOR ALL???

0 Kudos
shelboab
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

DECLINED MOBILE UPGRADE!!!

HI THERE, POSTED A QUESTION A DAY AGO ABOUT MY MOBILE UPGRADE BEING DECLINED, 4 TIMES, & WAS WONDERING IF THERE IS ANYONE OUT THERE WHO CAN STEER ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION, AS I AM REALLY STUCK AS TO WHAT TO DO NEXT? IF YOU CAN, PLEASE HELP & MANY THANKS.

0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: DECLINED MOBILE UPGRADE!!!

Hi shelboab

Sorry to hear you have had a few issues with regards to the upgrade. Let me try and clear a few points for you and help where I can.

the upgrade process involves a credit agreement whereby a credit check is ran. There is the internal part and the external part.

If you have been a superb payer with us then it may boil down to the external part of the credit check which is nothing to do with Virgins payment history, more of how you pay external with other creditors.

if the credit check failed against the external part then the underwriting team would require you to officially write in and they would provide the reason via letter. The underwriting team wouldn't tell you why you failed over the phone and would neither tell us as staff. This is part of their "strict rules" they follow.

I would suggest writing to the team and getting the official answer.

If the underwriting team have confirmed that
Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: DECLINED MOBILE UPGRADE!!!

Hi shelboab,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I apologise wholeheartedly for you being declined multiple times on the credit check. I can only imagine how frustrating this must be especially if you're a long standing, reliable paying customer.

I'll send you a private message to discuss some of your options. To view this click on the purple envelope on the top right.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos