Menu
Sue50
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Daughter has to use my spare mobile, do i need to let virgin know ?

My daughters mobile dropped out of her pocket and smashed, too costly to fix, I'm due to join virgin mobile next week so she can have my Samsung S5 which will be a spare, I've tried her sim card into the S5, its open to any network, so thankfully she's ok to use it, however, a coupe of months ago I rang virgin mobile and got them to turn off her data  because she was constantly going over her allowance, when I inserted her virgin sim card into the S5 it asked me to connect the data,  when the time comes to give her the mobile if I click to connect the data would that mean she's able to use her data again outside of the house ?  or is it so she can connect to our Wi-Fi ?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Daughter has to use my spare mobile, do i need to let virgin know ?

Hi Sue50,

the phone will ask to connect to data because Apps and the OS request so.

Provided you have WIFI enabled your daughter will be fine for internet etc on the phone within reach of an available WIFI source.

I would keep mobile data (Virgin's mobile source that you pay for) disabled (turned off) on the handset to avoid any nasty surprises.
However as you have previously phoned Virgin and requested that they disable it their end, turning it on at the handset shouldn't really make any difference.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Sue50,

the phone will ask to connect to data because Apps and the OS request so.

Provided you have WIFI enabled your daughter will be fine for internet etc on the phone within reach of an available WIFI source.

I would keep mobile data (Virgin's mobile source that you pay for) disabled (turned off) on the handset to avoid any nasty surprises.
However as you have previously phoned Virgin and requested that they disable it their end, turning it on at the handset shouldn't really make any difference.

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Sue50
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

AlexKid......... Thank you so much for your quick and easy reply, I feel much better now

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sue50,

happy to help Smiley Happy

0 Kudos