Menu
bal7
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Datapass not working at

What is going on with DataPass. I am trying to buy 250 MB and it keeps coming back with the Whoops! ... message.

I am flying out tomorrow and I am unable to buy this. Phoned the help desk and they tried manually.

I got the text to say that the purchase had worked but when I checked by sending the STATUS message it was unclear. Then customer services said that the DataPass had failed.

What is going on?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Datapass not working at

If the post below is correct, you now have to wait till your out there before purchasing a data pass

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/INFORMATION-Now-you-must-wait-until-you-are-abroad...

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
bal7
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Apparently, this is not the case. The 'experts' are looking into my case and I have been told to expect a phone call in order to get this resolved.

teabag
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Please let us know how it goes, it would be good to have a definite answer as to if you can or not :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
bal7
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

6 hours later and no-one called me back !!! Having to go through the whole process again !!!

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

No call back is common I'm afraid. Seems it is used by many in CS as a way of closing down a conversation.

0 Kudos
bal7
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

They are now saying datapass is unavailable until further notice.

0 Kudos
bal7
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Datapass not working at all

The latest solution is, 'buy a local sim in Spain as it will be cheaper and more reliable than the Data Pass'.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi bal7

Welcome to the community.

I'm really sorry to hear about the issues you've had purchasing a data pass.

We do advise waiting until you're abroad to purchase the pass as it's not guaranteed to work while you're in the UK.

Now you're in Spain, have you been able to purchase the pass?

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
bal7
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Still not working. Still getting the whoops message. However, data is working but I dont have a data pass. The person from Virgin said I won't have internet unless I have a datapass. Don't know what is going on but I have data.
0 Kudos