Menu
mistry89
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Data roaming on samsung s4 not working

I have a samsung s4, have purchased a data pass, and all my roaming/data roaming settings are activated. However, I cannot get any access to the internet via mobile data while in The Hague. I notice I'm not the only one with this problem, and it's highly unsatisfactory - especially given that i've paid out £20 for a data pass. Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Data roaming on samsung s4 not working

Hi Mistry89,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you're having some trouble with Data Roaming. I want to get this all sorted for you.

So we can look into this for you, are you able to give us a call on +447953967967 from your phone? Our team on the phone can ensure that this is all sorted for you as soon as possible.

Let me know how you get on with this.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
donnal
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I wouldn't bother ringing the team.  I also purchased a data pass, as did my partner, (we have an S5 and S3) for when we went to Spain.  Neither of us was able to connect to mobile data, despite all roaming being enabled.  After several calls to virgin to try and resolve this issue nothing was done, we were just told to try the obvious, such as restart your phone, remove the battery, etc.  Customer services were very unhelpful, and I had to wait for my next bill before they agreed to refund the charge for the data pass.

0 Kudos
mistry89
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Matt,

Thanks for this - I've since been in touch over the phone with your colleagues who activated data roaming on their side, and after restarting my phone, data roaming is now working for me.

It was stated to me on the phone that I should have phoned Virgin prior to leaving the UK in order to have the data roaming activated, this is even though I had made sure I had updated my online account in order to activate roaming. However, nowhere is this stated in any of the information on 'Going Abroad' on your website. There is no mention of the need to ring up in advance to set up data roaming, reference is simply made to activating it on your online account and, if travelling in the EU, to purchase a data pass.

I've been a virgin mobile customer for over 10years and have always been very pleased with the customer service that I have personally received. I was surprised to have encountered this problem on Virgin, it is quite unusual in my experience. As such, if I may provide a recommendation - it would be really helpful if you could update the information on your website as it is currently misleading. Had that information been on the website, that would've not only saved me considerable frustration but would have prevented me from incurring the unnecessary call-charges to phone your customer services while abroad, that would've been avoided had I known prior to leaving that I also had to call them.

Best regards

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mistry89,

Thanks for coming back to me Smiley Happy

I'm really glad that this is all sorted for you now. I'm sorry for any confusion caused on our part. Are you able to link me the page you saw the information?

Let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
mistry89
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the response.

The webpage in question is the 'Before You Go' tab on the 'Going Abroad FAQs' under the Help and Support Section. Hopefully this link works - http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1003&PARTITION_ID=1&secureFl...

Under the 'While you're away' tab there's nothing there either to indicate that you have to do anything more than purchase a travel pass ( see http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1003&PARTITION_ID=1&secureFl...

Best regards

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so much for sending that over Mistry89 Smiley Happy

I'll be sure to pass this on to my team to make sure this is fixed.

Let me know if you need anything at all.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos