Menu
Peejay53
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Data roaming not working

Just got back from a week in France.  I did all the right things - checked roaming was switched on on my account and my phone and bought a 250MB data travel pass by SMS and got a confirmatory text, On arrival in France I could get voice and text but no data. I tried texting 'STATUS' several times to 23456 and all I got was a repeat of the original 'how to buy' text.  Same happened when I texted 'HELP'. Now back in the UK, no sign of the data pass being charged to my account, which I guess is why 'STATUS' didn't produce the expected result.

Virgin, this process is dysfunctional, look at how many identical or similar problems there are on this forum, going back over three or four years.

I didn't have to do any of this nonsense with my previous provider, data was on automatically if roaming and mobile data were both enabled on the device, and they even gave me a way to cap my daily data charges. I'll be going back to them as soon as...

Meanwhile, I'm travelling again in 3 weeks.  How can I guarantee that I won't have these issues again?

Device is Samsung S5 Neo.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Data roaming not working

Hi Peejay53,

did you "buy" the EU Data Travel Pass whilst you were still in the UK or once you were abroad in France?

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
Peejay53
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

In France.  Tried to buy it in the UK but got the 'Whoops' message saying it couldn't be processed.

I have an SMS 12:53 on 17th June saying the Travel Pass is active!

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

EDIT: note to self, read the whole post before making a reply. lol

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos